cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with old locket

Hi! I just found this locket was wondering if anyone has seen one like it. Stamped sterling inside a triangle with a diamond with nh(?) in it, dying to know more!1529456220532123160940.jpg

1529456267754163316932.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Help with old locket

I love old lockets!  Lovely piece!  I like the design, although I can't remember what the dangle pieces are called.  My mom had those on curtains we had when I was a wee lad in the 1970s.  I love the chain, too!

Hallmark is Nussbaum & Hunold, Providence, RI.  The book I have is from 1922 and by that time it states they were already out of business.

nh.jpg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Help with old locket

Thank you so much! When I picked it up It was almost black you could barely see the pattern! You made my day I couldn't find that anywhere and all the lockets I saw online were floral or borders!💗💋💗😄

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Help with old locket

My pleasure.  I'm far from an expert, but I'm glad I can share some of the knowledge and resources I have. sunglasses

The more I look at that locket, I'm wondering if the theme to it would be theater related.  As I previously said, it looks like curtain "dangles" and it now reminds me of a curtain being pulled down over the frame of a theater stage.  I'm not for sure, but that's my take on it, especially since it dates prior to circa 1922, when theater and movies were super popular. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Help with old locket

I would call that a reticulated fringe.  I think it would often have been used on a piano shawl or just a regular shawl, and would certainly have been a feature of many drapes, as well as the bottoms of purses/reticules.  But I don't associate it much with theatre curtains, which overall tended to be solid right to the bottom.

@dadsfloridatreasure wrote:

My pleasure.  I'm far from an expert, but I'm glad I can share some of the knowledge and resources I have. sunglasses

The more I look at that locket, I'm wondering if the theme to it would be theater related.  As I previously said, it looks like curtain "dangles" and it now reminds me of a curtain being pulled down over the frame of a theater stage.  I'm not for sure, but that's my take on it, especially since it dates prior to circa 1922, when theater and movies were super popular. 

Lea
Message 5 of 5
latest reply