cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Florenza help

Good morning-  this piece is not marked, however I am certain it can be attributed to Dan Kasoff, founder of Florenza..many of his early pieces were unsigned. I know from my research it can be verified by his son Larry Kasoff, but I cannot seem to locate any information on how to do this. I have reached out to a seller on a site ( that shall remain unnamed...I was at my wits end..) that has this information, though is unwilling to share it with me...Dan Kasoff made all sorts of whimsical pieces, laughing Buddha as well. This Devil face is quite...unique, and the metal work is BEAUTIFUL. The small stones/pastes that were not secured by prongs, ( like the remaining green stones) have been lost...but the money shot is the unmistakable series of faces. I asked a question on another board, which is (Thank you!) how I got as far as I have...  Help please, this is becoming my white whale....  Regards, V76   Sorry about the focus issues...IMG_4448.JPGIMG_4439.JPGIMG_4443.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Florenza help

Try looking under Selro/Silini ~ This "devil" face was recently mentioned in a previous post (maybe a mo ago?).

M

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Florenza help

Sorry, that was prob NO HELP whatsoever ~ (My mind is a bit mooshy, recent unexpected death ~ argh!)

I did not realize you were the original poster looking for info, same item--SORRY, APOLOGIES!
M
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Florenza help

I've seen the face on  a number of vintage pieces attributed to Florenza.

http://www.agedandopulentjewelry.com/item_6144/Florenza-Devils-Face-Grand-Parure.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Tie-Bar-Cufflinks-Set-Painted-Japan-Hannya-Mask-Noh-Demon-950-Silver-...

The few pieces that have this face and have a Florenza mark have been rings (I think I've seen on listings on-line).  I understand that sometimes the Florenza signature might be on only a few of the pieces of a set and not on the accompanying pieces.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Florenza help