cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloisonne dangle pin but????????? Age, etc? TY

feb 7 victorian 131.JPGfeb 7 victorian 134.JPG

How do I describe this beauty?   I've never had anything quite like it.  No markings so I don't what direction to go and google didn't help.  TYVM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I can't tell very much from the pic, but it does not look like Cloisonne. It looks like handpainted on ceramic? The findings look Victorian. What kind of clasp?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

new 006.JPGnew 007.JPG

Not sure it is that old but I did think it was cloisonne but............  Here is a close up of one dangle  TY!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The clasp not Victorian. Cloisinne is enamel melted into metal frame. These do not look metal frames. Can you tell if its enamel. This is probably Victorian revival.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Does look like it's on metal

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The ball is cloisonne, and I am assuming the other two beads are enameled. Also I believe it is a bastertized piece because it doesnt make sense.The hardware for each bead is different and doesnt work in harmony. Looking on the backside the chain built on the pin is a total different story, kinda of like the "book chains. Pin looks to be 30s, beads I think are not so old and was a homemade piece or dealer fixup. I repaired vintage and collectable jewelry for several years before going into selling jewelry. So the pin looks suspect to me, but thats just me.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hmmmm Maybe someone did put this together! Makes sense now that you made your points TY!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply