cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certainly could use some help with identifying

Hello : )     I could really use some help identifying the materials in these pieces .. The bangle is fantastic but I'm unsure what the beads are made of  -  the inside of this one feels like wood with some type of plastic overlay ?     The necklace Is all glass beads -  Not sure if this would be venetian ?  I'm trying to be as accurate as possible in my lisitngs and having a hard time identifying matierals : )   Any help would be much appreciated !  fullsizeoutput_60cc.jpeg20180629_190425.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, don't know about the bangle. To me the necklace doesn't look venetian. From the photo it looks like some of the beads might be gemstone (not precious)?  The larger ones look like they might be dyed gemstones or acrylic.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The beads are dyed agate, the bracelet likely plastic. The bracelet looks circa 80s...
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The bangle looks like a resin bangle which would be a little heavier and more solid then a plastic one w Lucite or resin cabochon flower. If you look at plastic and resin bangles you will notice that resin bangles usually are the ones that have inlays or sparkles and sometimes flowers and stuff put inside of them because they fill up a mold and but stuff inside the bracelets before the mold is filled.  If it feels pretty light and the little cabochons look glued on and not set in the it's plastic 

Jennifer Walter
Message 4 of 4
latest reply