cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This year marks eBay’s 25th anniversary. As our business has evolved, our focus has too. Our sellers are spread across all corners of the US, and in 2020, we’re committed to making it easier to connect with each other and with us. Rather than hosting eBay Open and asking you to take time away from your business, this year we’re hitting the road to meet you in your neighborhoods. We’re now providing more ways for sellers to connect with one another and eBay employees. I’m excited to announce a number of new opportunities to do just that.

eBay UpFront

Last year, we met nearly 1,000 sellers at eBay UpFront events across the US. Given the success of these events, we’re doubling the number of cities we will visit in 2020. Join us for an evening of the latest selling news, guidance, and inspiration in your local city. With executive presentations, seller panels, and round-table discussions, it’s three hours well spent, and I can guarantee you won’t leave empty-handed. 

eBay Community Events

Run by longtime eBay sellers, these local events are one of the best ways for fellow sellers to learn from one another and improve their business. Featuring up-to-date presentations and workshops, they’re powerful opportunities to meet people in your community who do what you do—run a business on eBay. Plus, eBay executives from across the organization will occasionally be on hand to meet the sellers at eBay’s core and hear what’s on their mind. 

Check out the complete list of locations and join the next Community event in your local city. 

Seller Visits

To truly understand how sellers operate and what they need from eBay, we know we need to see them in their business environment! This year, employees from across eBay will be fortunate enough to visit dozens of sellers where they work and learn how they run their business.

Seller Town Hall 

Throughout the year, eBay executives will take the stage to discuss what matters most to you. We’ll stream live to your computer or mobile device, so you don’t need to go anywhere to hear the latest  eBay updates. Jordan Sweetnam, Harry Temkin and I will keep you informed on our business and product updates, as well as answer sellers’ top questions. Our first Seller Town Hall will be February 25, so mark your calendar, and we’ll send you an invite.

We’ll also continue to offer many of your favorite ways to connect online:

Ask Me Anything

For a partnership to be successful, it needs total transparency and open communication. With that in mind, Jordan Sweetnam and I will regularly answer your top questions on Community. We want to know what’s on your mind and how we can help your business grow. So get your questions ready for the next Ask Me Anything in March.

Community

If you’re not already connecting on our Community platform, then you are missing an incredible resource for selling on eBay. With over 8 million registered members, the eBay Community offers invaluable, real-time advice across thousands of discussion threads, forums, groups and regular Community Chat hours. It’s a great way to connect with other sellers and eBay staff and get your questions answered while also helping other sellers.

eBay for Business:

On Podcast: Having now completed 76 episodes, our podcast for eBay sellers is in the top 10% of all podcasts. These regular installments on the latest in selling are free and full of expert advice, inspiration, and updates. If you aren’t already tuning in, you can find it on Community. We’ll also be recording interviews with sellers for the podcast when we’re on the road, so be on the lookout for our microphones. 

On Facebook: If you’re a Facebook user, we want to connect with you there. We post daily news, inspiration, and advice, while our Customer Service team answers your questions. This year, instead of streaming Facebook Lives from San Jose every Wednesday, we’ll stream live from eBay events in your local cities. That way, you can join us ‘virtually’ from your Facebook feed when we’re out and about meeting sellers.

We wouldn’t have made it 25 years without our loyal seller community, so let’s celebrate together.  We want to meet you, understand your business and how eBay works within your lives, so that as partners, we can secure a bright future for the next 25. I look forward to meeting you, connecting with you, and learning from you on the road. 

Until then, thank you for selling on eBay.

Marni Levine

VP Seller Operations and Engagement