cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Sellers,

We’re now three months into 2021, and I’m excited by the upward momentum we are experiencing in the luxury space. Sales continue to rise across categories like sneakers and watches — we’ve reached double-digit growth in luxury watch sales, and authenticated more than 150,000 pairs of sneakers — boosting our position as a fashion player and making significant inroads to attract more consumers, including both luxury and younger shoppers.

As we grow the business, we’ve also been growing our team and I want to make sure each new face is familiar to you. With this, I am excited to introduce you to Charis Márquez as vice president of fashion, a new post at eBay to oversee our fashion initiatives, including luxury. Ecommerce speed, availability and even familiarity is increasingly moving luxury’s online, and eBay is poised to connect high fashion with more shoppers from around the world than ever before. We’re already making the exclusive accessible and couture convenient — as evident by our impressive growth in luxury watches and sneakers. 

The timing couldn’t be more perfect to bring Charis into this new role, where she will further drive eBay’s presence and prestige among high-end brands and shoppers. Charis comes to eBay from Levi Strauss & Co. where she focused on enhancing the organization’s digital selling process, in-store consumer experiences and site merchandising. Prior to Levi’s, Charis held leadership roles at Sears, Kmart and Sam’s Club. She will be working with us out of the San Jose headquarters and definitely comes to the eBay table with a wealth of retail and style-savvy know-how.

A note from Charis:

“Hello eBay Sellers!

My excitement at joining eBay in this new role can’t be overstated. I’ve always admired eBay’s position as the originator of the resale platform, and believe it is the ideal ecommerce stage for luxury brands and sellers seeking both a wider as well as a more digitally-confident audience. eBay feeds my passion for fashion, but also recommerce and sustainability — a passion shared by many next-generation shoppers. Additionally, I’ve closely followed the company’s recent investments in sneakers, luxury and authentication, and look forward to building on these experiences for the millions of people who sell and shop on eBay every day.

To me, one of eBay’s most unique qualities is its inventory of items that are rare, scarce, exclusive – even singular. It is an incredible destination for fashion enthusiasts of all categories and quality.  We all want a piece of luxury, and I’m thrilled by the opportunity to further strengthen eBay’s position as a luxury player.”

- Charis Márquez”

Charis dove right into her new role at eBay – in fact, you may already have seen her quoted in our recent Female Sneakerhead announcement, outlining a month-long celebration of women’s creativity and contributions to the wide world of sneaker culture. As we increasingly engage with fashion- and luxury-minded communities, Charis will be instrumental in our drive to connect the dots between fashion and eBay’s ecommerce engine, and the delivery of exceptional selling and buying experiences.

So please join me in officially welcoming Charis to our amazing Community! And, as always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Best,

Jordan Sweetnam