cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As January comes to a close, I’m excited to share a business update: Andrea Stairs will be our new Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Seller Community for the North America marketplace. Andrea and I actually started our eBay careers around the same time in Canada, and I’ve always been awed by her unique blend of strategy, creativity, humor and a can-do attitude. She will be a passionate advocate for you and is (and has always been) an outstanding role model for the cultural values that make us eBay. Please join me in officially welcoming Andrea to the fun of Seller Community!

<Note From Andrea>

“Hello Sellers!

I’m delighted to take on this new seller focus and support role. I’ve been with eBay for fifteen years and what inspires me is the connection and community between sellers and the people working on their behalf. Working at eBay is a joy – plain and simple – and I am thrilled to take on this new dual role.

As CMO, my responsibility is to the buy-side marketing – which I would translate as efficiently driving traffic to your listings and to the marketplace. But also as VP of Seller Community for North America, I’m here to serve as your voice. I have the deepest appreciation for what you do and bring to the marketplace, and over the years have participated in countless eBay Seller events as well as assisted with our government advocacy efforts to influence policies that benefit small businesses and entrepreneurs. Issues near and dear to my heart include inventory, cross-border trade and seller experiences on the site, but what really sticks with me is the commitment, expertise and dedication you deliver every day.

What does this mean for seller engagement 2021? Essentially, we’re going to build on the successes and connections established in 2020. You’ve seen what the eBay team accomplished last year, which was built on our prior 25 years of delivering a marketplace based on inclusivity, fair trade and empowering sales for everyone from the big brands to the micro sellers. We are the home of small business and we will continue to be so. My priorities will be to ensure you have the information you need – at your fingertips – to run your business. From check-ins and eBay Open (virtual for now) to updates via the seller community site, podcasts, email, social and SMS, it’s all about making sure you have the help when you need it most. It’s also all about making sure everything is a two-way conversation. Whether it’s your emails, comments on Facebook or seller community forum posts — your voice matters — because without an honest, open and transparent feedback loop we can’t deliver what you need to succeed.

So as the new VP of the eBay Seller Community, I just want to close by underlining my commitment to you, our sellers, and how delighted I am to be joining your community in this new role. More to come very soon, but in the meantime — thank you for selling on eBay!

-Andrea Stairs”

On the heels of Andrea’s note and as I reflect on the craziness of 2020, it feels appropriate to add my own “thank you.” Thank you for adapting under the stress of demand for essentials, stay at home mandates and shipping issues. Thank you for your patience as we continue to evolve eBay to make it a great place for buyers and sellers for the next 25 years. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Of course, we wouldn’t be here without you. So, as always, and most importantly, thank you for selling on eBay.

Best,

Jordan Sweetnam

Zoom Headshot.png
“Andrea Stairs, on a video call with a seller, 2020”