cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American girl ?

Hi I was hoping some one could offer information on why the dolls have a different logo on the back of their heads.
first example I have a red auburn hair doll with green eyes, she is marked American Girl LLC no number visible, but under the neck tie is shows a number of 3 105, with a side fabric tag 2008
second example is strawberry blonde hair with green eyes, she is marked American Girl LLC with number on the neck 21 E 08, side fabric tag 2008

I am trying to understand why if the dolls where made in the same year , why they would have different markings .is one a possible impostor?

the I have a third doll , she is platinum blonde with blue green eyes , she is marked American Girl with number on the neck 37 F 10, with a side fabric tag 2012.

do these numbers have any significant meanings as to which doll they are ?image.jpegimage.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

American girl ?

The 2008 on the side tag isn't a year. It's a parts number.

The 2012 on the other tag is the year, it has the copyright symbol, right?

Also, dolls made in different factories look different from each other & have different numbers on their necks/heads. The numbers don't mean anything in relation to authenticity or doll identification
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

American girl ?

So I have another question. I thought the side tags was the date the doll was made?

it states "Made in China exclusively for American Girl" then 2008  is on the side 

i sent the 2012 to the AG hospital so I cannot compare but I remember the tag a bit longer 

thank you for responding to my first question

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

American girl ?

On the tags with 2012, that's the year the tag was copyrighted ~ not necessarily the year the doll was made.

The 2008 on tags is not a manufacture date.
Just like if you have an American Girl Doll that has Pleasant Company on the neck that doesn't mean it was made before Mattel bought out PC

Message 4 of 4
latest reply