cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New people - please introduce yourselves ...

New people - please introduce yourselves ... Welcome. Hope you enjoy being part of this group, and take time to look around. Ask questions, post photos in the albums and show your listings in the appropriate threads. Check out the announcements for how to post photos in threads, and other details. Thank you for joining the other terrific ATC/ACEO artists, collectors, creators and enthusiasts. Enjoy! Have Fun! Read the 'helpful links' thread. You may also like to join in on the off-ebay forums at ACEOenthusiasts dot com, as we are not sure if eBay groups are closing or not - it could be a possibility in May of 2009. You are most welcome there. IMPORTANT TO FIND YOUR WAY BACK HERE: Top right of your ebay page, click on 'Community'. Then on 'Groups'. Sign in. And you should find this group listed under your groups, so that you can come back in. OR ... bookmark the 'welcome' page on your computer. OR ... easiest of all ... Use the URL ... http://groups.ebay.com Log In (left), and click on the group name. -- Edited by artistjillian at 12/09/2008 4:40 PM PST
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 1 of 2,392
latest reply
2,391 REPLIES 2,391

With some 2,000 threads in the 'old' thread, I'm deleting it in the hopes of speeding up this group - there have been complaints of slow-loading. I guess after a year, it's sad to see it go. These are some final posts from the 'retired' thread. Thank you all for saying hi to us. Love reading your introductions. grammytina (746 ) 03/16/07 02:45 PM (#2033 of 2,042) Hi all! Just got an invite from Jillian and decided to join. I had been a member awhile back and pulled out of most groups I was in because I just couldn't keep up with everything going on in my life. Life hasn't slowed down any but I am dealing with things better. thanks for the invite! grammytina artistjillian (716 ) 03/16/07 04:49 PM (#2034 of 2,042) Great to have you back grammytina. Check in as little or as much as you like. Great bunch of friendly people. Lots to look at and do. Great to have you amongst us again. venessasart (44 ) 03/16/07 05:17 PM (#2035 of 2,042) My name is Venessa Sosa and it is nice to discuss art. Any art! I have always enjoyed painting small and never imagined I could go smaller until I came upon ACEOS. although I have one right now, I hope to be creating more! THANK YOU tser1r (163 ) 03/17/07 03:49 AM (#2037 of 2,042) Hello, my name is Thomas. I discovered ACT/ ACEO s on ebay and was instantly hooked. I wanted to buy some and try to sell some. I like the variety and talent displayed by all the artists on ebay. I wasn't aware ebay had groups you could join! Thanks for the invite, and check out my ACT's (if available) for a unique, style on the ebay ACT scene. Nice to meet you all. bcarmen (1 ) 03/17/07 03:50 AM (#2038 of 2,042) I am Carmen Beecher from Satellite Beach, Florida. I paint primarily oils, but use mostly watercolors for art cards. I'm new to eBay, new to ACEO, but I'm already hooked on it. It's so much fun to do the tiny paintings! Thanks for inviting me to join! Carmen mcmurray54436 (17 ) 03/17/07 10:47 AM (#2039 of 2,042) HI Thanks for inviting me. I am Kim, and just getting into these miniatures. find them very challenging but at the same time rewarding. Hopefully others will like them too. artistjillian (716 ) 03/17/07 11:04 AM (#2040 of 2,042) Welcome! Great to have you here. We all feel the same. Feel free to join in .... artistofwatercolor (575 ) 03/17/07 11:14 AM (#2041 of 2,042) Hi. My name is Minnie W. Shuler, the ACEO's are new to me. I think they are great. I am a retired teacher of mathematics but I have dabbled in art for about 30 years. I have taken some coursework but I am mostly self taught. I always think there is something more I can learn, especially about art. I am a mother of 5 and a grandmother and noless a great-grandmother. I show locally and some area shows when time and health permit. Have won awards and not won some awards. I just love to draw and paint. My mother had a home beauty shop and when we were young she would buy a roll of butcher paper and my sister and I would roll it out the length of the living room and draw all day Saturday when she worked. I have taken correspondence courses in art, classes from Chipola Junior College, Gulf Coast Community College (where I worked, Florida State University, lithographic printing courses and architectural rendering classes from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and studied under a fine local artist Victoria Bush. I teach a few children private art classes. Minnie vloula (184 ) 03/17/07 07:33 PM (#2042 of 2,042) greetings! been admiring art cards for quite awhile now. i have always had a penchant for paper and its myriad possibilities. i have done some personal works and might be ready soon to share with the world. my other interests in art lie across the spectrum. looking forward to expanding my knowledge with this group!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2 of 2,392
latest reply

Welcome all. It is GREAT to have you here. As said, love hearing all about you. ~Jillian
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 3 of 2,392
latest reply

Hi, Thanks for inviting me to join the group. I came across ACEOs by accident while I was searching ebay for something to sell. I saw the potential of the little art pieces and I was instantly hooked. I created 10 of them in the first three days after my discovery. I enjoy making them and hope to continue and improve. I would also like to give a shout out to all the talented people out there who inspired me to get started. The art is fantastic!!
Message 4 of 2,392
latest reply

thetimesgoneby
Enthusiast
Thanks for the invite. 🙂 I'm definitely an altered art collector as well as an artist....glad to be a part of a group that shares that interest. Can't wait to look around!
Message 5 of 2,392
latest reply

Welcome!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 6 of 2,392
latest reply

twylark55
Enthusiast
Hi. I'm Twylark55. I met Jillian about a month ago, and have been doing ACEO's ever since. I joined y'all, and opened a photo album, but I'm a bit slow on my computer skills so haven't quite figured out how to accept a dare or a challenge... Anyhow, I just love art! Especially, watercolor and collage! I really enjoy looking at everyone's creativity as expressed in these tiny creations.
Message 7 of 2,392
latest reply

Hiya Twyla, I've been seeing your work, when approving them for the photo album. I recognised the Kibbutz door! I can see you're having wonderful fun with all this. Oooooh and you reminded me, I have to do a new dare thread. All you have to do with dares is to put your name on the appropriate thread, and stay tuned for the resulting dare thread. The challenges are easier. Just do 'em. ;) The collages are great it will give you a chance to use up some of those supplies you have at home! Great to see you here, and to have you join in. A new convert to ACEOs! WELCOME! ~Jillian
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 8 of 2,392
latest reply

lilly_pook
Enthusiast
hello im elaine im a fantasy, fairy, mermaid, and sometimes anime, goth, animals artist i paint in all medias and love watercolor and acrylic the most 🙂 i try to keep a balance and like to mix it up alot alot so my styles vary and my moods swing with my art 🙂 i came to find out about aceos only a month or so ago i have grown very fond of creating them and would like to thank you for the invite ^_^
Message 9 of 2,392
latest reply

lodgycole
Enthusiast
Hi there, My name is Jan but, most people call me lodgy. I was very surprised when I got the invite. And am honored to be a part of this group. I am new to ACEO's.....in fact, I have only made one! A pen & Ink and have it listed presently. My favorite thing to do is pyrography. I really enjoy doing realistic animals and birds. In the past I have dabbled in Scrimshaw, pastel chalks, and felt markers. My Mother has painted MANY miniature winter scenes. I am not much of a painter but, I do enjoy the other mediums. Thank you Jillian for inviting me.
Message 10 of 2,392
latest reply

Hello I'm Surianee, I'm an artist from Malaysia..and I love ACEO!! Thanks for inviting me.. I feel honored T_T .. I'm happy to be in an ACEO group! I draw fantasy , animes, ordinary stuff and spices :)..and I have asoft spot in my heart for watercolours..Hope to get to know all of you !!
I handpick n display other peoples aceo that's currently selling on ebay art gallerystyle but you have to google it : Every Fridays Surianee picks some ACEO on Ebay
Message 11 of 2,392
latest reply

khalamea
Enthusiast
Hey, My name is Nicole though I usually go by an online alias of Khalamea. Thank you for the invite, I wasn't even aware groups existed on eBay until I got the invite. I have been drawing and painting for a few years, and got into miniature scale pieces last year during a painting class, since all of my best works seemed to be the smaller ones. When I learned about ACEOs, I thought it'd be the perfect size to work in as well as get more involved in the artist community. I love painting wildlife and fantasy, either in Gouache or Oils.
Message 12 of 2,392
latest reply

hastychatter
Enthusiast
Thanks for the invite Jillian and hello to fellow ACEO creators and collectors! Of which, I am both. I'm Mary, but if there is already a Mary, which in most cases there are, I will use simply M. :-) What is it about ATC's that create such an addiction to them? Don't know the answer but I am enjoying every moment! Looking forward to finding my way around here and meeting everyone. AND, ohhh, my favorite place to be, exploring the photo albums!!!! Create! M
Message 13 of 2,392
latest reply

Hi everyone, welcome! Minnie....what a great thing your mom did! (roll of paper) How fun that must have been! And what a great vision for a painting subject! I can see it now! Being viewed at a slight angle from up above! Or floor level, getting the childrens faces in such focused attention! ha ha ha. ;-) Anni
Anni
painted-gardens
Message 14 of 2,392
latest reply

WELCOME!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 15 of 2,392
latest reply