cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACEO Questions, eBay Questions - ask here ...

Got any questions about ACEOs or eBay (buying, selling, general), or any art questions. This will try to be a question and answer thread, rather than a deep discussion. Start a new thread if you want to discuss something and get lots of opinions. There are many here that will be glad to help answer your questions. Thanks all. -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me! -- Edited by artistjillian at 01/28/2009 9:17 AM PST
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 1 of 537
latest reply
536 REPLIES 536

Hi! Just a general question about ebay . I just changed my id name and I see that I still can be part of this group however, will I still be able to after the 30 days or will I have to reapply for membership . Sorry to bother with this ? but I can't seem to figure it out on the ebay info. Thanks sherilyn
Message 2 of 537
latest reply

You're fine. It will just automatically convert. You have to do nothing. I have changed my id with my 2nd selling id, and had no problems at all. :) -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 3 of 537
latest reply

I just joined the group, and would like to know how do I get started . I would like to try my hand at drawing some of the smaller cards and where do I get the cards from? Sorry newby here. I draw for family and friends on any and everything. People are always coming to me to draw something. I never had lessons, but why not try to make a little money in the process . This would be great and help out with my income.
Message 4 of 537
latest reply

Hello. WELCOME. You can draw on almost any surface, as long as it slips easily into an art trading card pocket. So needs to be more rigid than typing/computer paper. You can go to an art supply shop and ask for ATC cards by Strathmore, or buy online. Strathmore sells various surfaces - canvas, watercolor, bristol and such if you're drawing, you may want bristol. You can get larger sheets and cut them down. The size MUST be 2.5x3.5" - or as close as possible. Another source is rubber stamp shops - again you'll have to ask for ATC cards, rather than ACEO. Some of our members sell supplies here on ebay - so do a search if you want to buy some that way. Hope that helps. Great to have you join in with us all. Looking forward to seeing your art cards. -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 5 of 537
latest reply

I bought a small guillotine-style cutter and cut my own cards in various different types of stock. On a few occasions, when I've wanted to try out a new type of paper, I've bought the pre-cut cards right here on ebay. There are a lot of good sellers, many of them right here in this group. -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 6 of 537
latest reply

http://stores.ebay.com/ruralljs has a huge selection of pre-cut ACEO cards - great quality and prices. -- -Ann "Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives." ~ Sue Murphy
-Ann

"I have got pepperoni. Wherever it lands, that's where the miracle will happen." ~ Gary Busey
Message 7 of 537
latest reply

I cut my 9x12 acrylic or watercolor paper...it's nice heavy paper and I like the crispness too! -- MARY
Message 8 of 537
latest reply

WOW! That's a great store, Ann. Sometimes it's nice to buy the cards that way, especially if you want to try a new paper but don't want to buy a full pad of the stuff. That seller has quite an assortment. When buying the pre-cut cards you definitely want to check feedback. I have purchased from a few where I got poorly cut or poorly packaged cards, where others are VERY conscientious about the product they sell. It helps to get a recommendation. -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 9 of 537
latest reply

Everything I've purchased from her has been cut exactly right. On rare occasions one card of a pack might have a slightly fuzzy edge, but that's no big deal as far as I'm concerned. Good communication and fast shipping too. -- -Ann "Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives." ~ Sue Murphy
-Ann

"I have got pepperoni. Wherever it lands, that's where the miracle will happen." ~ Gary Busey
Message 10 of 537
latest reply

I use Arches watercolor paper either 140 lb. or 300 lb and also mat board. I take a playing card and trace around it and then cut the paper a little further away from the trace so I have space to tape the paper down and of course I tape up to my tracing. A person can do that with any paper of course. JudyB
Message 11 of 537
latest reply

By the way make sure the playing card is the aceo size, some playing cards are smaller. JudyB
Message 12 of 537
latest reply

I have a question. When I was searching the ACEO's this morning - and I was searching just everything in general - I was noticing there seemed to be a decline in bids. I know myself I don't have the sales I used to have and since I have been trying different styles, such as abstract instead of my usual barns, old houses, etc. I was thinking it was because of that, but as I scanned down the pages I noticed there seemed to be quite a lack of bids. I still find ebay to be the best place for me to put my work on since I just don't have time to jump from one place to another to try out so anyone have any comment? And anyone have any idea where this is all going regarding ebay? JudyB By the way I really wish they would quite fooling around with things it seems now when a person searches there seems to be all kinds of distractions all over the place.
Message 13 of 537
latest reply

apparently I can't type s tyles - I'm breaking the word up right now since if put together they think it's some kind of bad word or something. Weird. JudyB
Message 14 of 537
latest reply

Hi Judy! The problem with the word style is a glitch in the board system. You're not the only one. As for slow sales, who knows. Things tend to go in waves. Summer can be slow as it's a times when people take off on vacation. And then there's the economy. I'm sure a lot of people are cutting back on unnecessary purchases. Things tend to pick up around the holidays, starting with Halloween, which is a GREAT time for ACEOs, so this is a good time to take advantage of a slow period to create some Halloween art. It's not too early to start working on Christmas ACEOs either! Like you, I don't have the time to jump around trying out different sites. IMO eBay still has the most traffic and visibility, and you're an established seller, so I would just try to ride it out and know that it's only a temporary slump. -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 15 of 537
latest reply