cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Fails Sellers

Ebay makes billions of dollars off of Sellers.  However, when Buyers fail to pay for a purchase, ebay protects the Buyers and it takes a week for the Seller to cancel the sale.  This policy is inexcusable.  If a Buyer fails to pay with paypal, or make other arrangements with the Seller, within 24 hours, ebay should automatically cancel the sale.  It's a simple solution that harms no one.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

ebay Fails Sellers

whoodathunk2
Thrill-Seeker

Have you considered selling with the Buy it Now feature w/ Immediate payment required enabled?  It takes a lot of this frustration away from your transactions.

@highwheeling wrote:

Ebay makes billions of dollars off of Sellers.  However, when Buyers fail to pay for a purchase, ebay protects the Buyers and it takes a week for the Seller to cancel the sale.  This policy is inexcusable.  If a Buyer fails to pay with paypal, or make other arrangements with the Seller, within 24 hours, ebay should automatically cancel the sale.  It's a simple solution that harms no one.

If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing it's stupid.
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

List as Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required.  Problem solved.

I cannot remember the last time I had a non-paying bidder.  I switched to IPR a few years ago, and never looked back.  eBay can be successful for sellers, if they use all of the tools provided.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

Uuuummm, they are using BIN or BO, http://www.ebay.com/sch/highwheeling/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=n... , dunno about IPR.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

I am finished with eBay. I have a 100% positive rating both as a seller and as a buyer, and I have always had any funds I received promptly placed in my PayPal Account. Now, suddenly, my payment is being held up. When I called to complain, I got a rigamarole from customer service explaining the policy to me. I didn't want the unjust policy explained to me. Explaing an unjust policy does not make the policy just.

Well, I am finished selling on eBay. The sad part is, eBay seems not to care how many of its highly rated sellers it drives away. I feel sorry for the sellers who attempt to make a living selling on eBay and are mistreated in return. In my case, I am not tied to eBay, and if the company does not want to treat me decently and does not care if it has my business or not, I am content to sell items elsewhere.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

Welcome to The Part Timers Forum. Sorry this happened to you.

While I sympathize, cell phones are probably the #1 fraud item on eBay. If you sold this in May:

Mavic Cosmic SL Carbone Clincher Wheelset - Shimano/SRAM (#230975076578)US $840.00

And the money wasn't held. So a 60 buck item, http://www.ebay.com/sch/jquinnn70/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc , you're leaving? O-TAY!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

Yep, exactly. In May I was trusted to sell an $840 item, and suddenly I'm not trusted to sell something for $57. Did I change into a criminal or did eBay change the way it treats me?

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

Last post... Do you know what a BOT is? A BOT found you never sold a known high risk item and flagged it for PayPal to hold the funds until your buyer leaves POS FB or 21 days pass. 

If this is unacceptable then you need this link.> http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/closing-account.html

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

... or did one of your 10 Buyers boot your DSR Rating in the puffy parts?

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

Thanks, but I talked to customer service and still had the impression that I was talking to a bot on the phone, as well. Why are you being so disrespectful? I have never personally attacked you, and I wish you could raise your standards a bit, also.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

I would imagine that with their sarcastic attitudes, hondamedic and bronx-dog both have a stellular future in eBay customer service. They would fit right in, and I suspect they may already work there.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

Hang on jquinnn, there was nothing sarcastic in my reply to you.

You stated, that you have 100% FB, but only 10 of those are from

Buyers. Those 10 are all that counts. I simply suggested, that one

of those may have left you low DSR Ratings. If one did, it may have

triggered the hold. Nothing rude intended in my reply at all...

just suggesting a possibility.

You have to remember, in eBay's eyes, you are new to selling. As for

honda and I having a stellar future in eBay CS, you should be happy...

at least, we speak English and do not read from scripted answer cards.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

@bronx-dog wrote:

Hang on jquinnn, there was nothing sarcastic in my reply to you.

BD, you're barking up the wrong tree. OP's nose is out of joint cause eBay/PayPal flagged 'em for a 60 buck used cell phone... Nothing U or I gonna post take that bad taste out of their mouth...

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

True that, H... I guess we are on the same CS shift tonight... hahaha.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

ebay Fails Sellers

bronx honda, consider developing an accent, and regurgitating ebay policies.

maybe suddenly ebay will start paying you to post here then 🙂
Message 15 of 27
latest reply