cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banned from selling

workclothing
Enthusiast

i was banned from selling since last dec.due to my dsr rating being to low , all for shipping cost .  i just received a top dealer award from ebay but i still can not sell. do i have to wait a full 12 months or can i call and ask to start selling now? thanks for any advice i can get

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

banned from selling

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Hi workclothing, it would appear that some of your low DSR's have fallen off your scores. You are currently showing, as all 5's with the exception of Shipping and Handling Costs, which is at 4.8... overall, that is within acceptable standards.

You should call eBay and investigate the possibility of having your Seller Account reinstated. If successful, you may face limitations, but you will be back up and running.

If you do get reinstated, I strongly urge you to offer Free Shipping going forward.

Good Luck. 🙂 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

The ban was probably not based on the DSR average, but on too many low scores (1 or 2). Those will have to roll off.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

I dont get it.Did you not hold up to top rated seller??Even so,you should at least be able to sell.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

workclothing
Enthusiast

i just called and talked to customer service and the person said the 12 months are not up, but i had to go through a appeal process. so he submitted my appeal. i will not hear back until after the hoiliday

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

I'm kinda shocked, and I don't know why since nothing surprises me much here.

But, even if the seller was sanctioned not for DSR average but for too many 1's & 2's ( btw, what is the difference here really)  one year??!!

wow

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

gobomachine
Enthusiast

There is not a point in waiting - you will likely be banned from selling (or have been already). It's likely too late, but you may want to ask what you can do to improve -now- before you are banned, which is nigh impossible to come back from.

If enough of those low scores accumulate, and you don't perform pristinely in the months it takes them to fall off, then you will be told you have not improved when given a chance, and are therefore deemed ill-suited to be an ebay seller.

This is what happened to me - with a similar timeline to your own issue.  I would love to know if your end result was different than mine.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

gobomachine
Enthusiast

Additionally - this idea that a year will allow you to sell again - I don't know why this is something told to sellers.  Waiting for this to happen will actually make it more likely that it will be too late to take enough action -not- to be banned.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

Must be why buyers demand full refunds and insist they are going to keep the item, with threats of neg feedbacks if I do not give item for free. All my neg feedback over the years has been resellers. The last one filed a paypal complaint before the items tracking even cleared customs. The eBay staff must be aware of this because months after the negs; they remove them, with a letter claiming multible problems with this buyer. Had buyers mark neg on shipping when it was 25 cents off. Seems to all balance out in the end and so far I still refuse to give items for free to save my feedback scores.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

ebay is no longer interested in used/collectible sellers. They want us GONE. This is now a place to buy stuff made and shipped from China. See amazon.com. I suggest refusing to spend money or canceling your credit card. Good luck.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

Must be why buyers demand full refunds and insist they are going to keep the item, with threats of neg feedbacks if I do not give item for free.

Papa, not allowed. If they use eBay messaging report them.> http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

The buyer isn't allowed to threaten to use Feedback or detailed seller ratings in an attempt to force a seller into providing:

Goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price

A refund

A return

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

hi there is  no such thing as banned a year i am still banned for life  without a explanation,3 years up to now

i can lisdt items but ebay stops buyers buying,there is a way to get back on without them knowing there are always ways to get past them,by

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

hi you will be lucky to get back on,by

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

hi like i told ebay BUYERS ALWAYS win in any dispute even if sellers are right that is why i am banned for speaking my mind  and my principles.kiss ebays arses and you are ok,cross them and banned you are,by

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

banned from selling

You are responding to a thread from 2012 to let us know your breaking policy rules. Ok

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply