cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding Pay Pal funds if your Seller Performance is Below Standard

Ebay now withholds your Pay Pal funds if your Seller Performance drops to Below Standard.  They are withholding my funds for 21 days?  I have been on Ebay for over 13 years and have been a Top Rate Seller until now.  I have been framed by Ebay for not giving money back to a buyer because I was out of town for Thanksgiving weekend and did not pick up the returned item from the Post Office on the day after Thanksgiving.  I was given one day to pick up the item until Ebay closed the Buyer Protection case against me.  One day?  I have evidence and tracking that shows this but Ebay refuses to remove the Buyer Protection Strike against me.  If that is not framing, I do not know what is.  After that, they harrassed me by having buyers ruin my DSR's until my seller rating was Below Standard.  The requirement for Below Standard is 5 low DSR's or 2.0%.   I got 2.10%.  0.10% below the requirement and had my Pay Pal refunds withheld for 21 days because of it.  0.10%?  I know this was an inside job.  Someone at Ebay did this.  I did not meet the requirement because of 0.10%.  Someone at Ebay look at my account and did this.  13 years on Ebay and no Buyer Protection case or strike against me until then and they withheld my funds.  If Ebay is not harrssing me then hell will freeze over.  What is the point of selling when they withhold your funds for 21 days?  And to make things worst, they keep trying to force seller to ship in one day.  Part-time sellers can not ship every day.  Not even retailers can do it.  Stop trying to tell buyer when and how to ship.  What is the point of selling on Ebay when they make life hard for the sellers?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Ebay is a HUGE company they are not singling out one seller.  You can make an argument about policies and maybe they should be changed but come on no one is out to get you.

BTW 2% Low rating on any DSR is really bad, worthy of below standard IMO

And if 21 day holds in the only punishment its not that bad.  Every new seller goes through that and I'm sure it will be lifted when your DSRs get better.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I also lost TRS, partly my fault.  Now I am not getting any "free listing invitations", no discounts, holding my funds (however, not for an entire 21 days).  I cannot get my TRS status back because I cannot ship within the 1 day time frame.  I, too, am a part time seller.  I live less than 500 feet from my post office, but because of my work hours, I can't make the post office.  And now, the postal system is cutting back my post office hours to 4 hrs a day.  I don't know how I'm going to keep up.  But I'll keep trying!  I do agree 100% about the one day shipping.  And I also think that there are issues brought to eBay attention that do not get fair treatment.  I've been reading the boards for a while and it does seem like eBay makes their decision and won't budge even when proven wrong.  In light of all this, I have been gradually listing elsewhere and plan to try out a few other venues as well.   Good luck to you and keep your chin up!  It's a set back but you can overcome!

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I have evidence and tracking that shows this but Ebay refuses to remove the Buyer Protection Strike against me.  If that is not framing, I do not know what is. 

After that, they harrassed me by having buyers ruin my DSR's until my seller rating was Below Standard.

I know this was an inside job.  Someone at Ebay did this. ....  Someone at Ebay look at my account and did this. 

What is the point of selling on Ebay when they make life hard for the sellers?

Wow.  Just Wow.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Untitled

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You WE are allowed (3) 1's and 2's for every 400 transactions in a year.....WE not YOU.

Theyre not out to get YOU...theyre out to get US...hahaaaahahaaaa!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Untitled

ohh shoot, lol

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

With such tight requirements and with no right to leave negative feedbacks for buyers, sellers are being taking advantage of.  Ebay will just drive sellers away and go out of business in the future.  Those requirements are too just tight for an average seller.  I met them for over a decade until malicious buyers ruined them.  A lot of sellers will have their funds withheld unless Ebay loosen those requirements.  When you withhold their funds, sellers will not sell anymore.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Wow. Just wow. Another Newt. He may be a little off with the paranoia stuff but Ebay is putting some new crappy rules into effect. They keep trying to force people into "free shipping" and "one day shipping". It can be pretty inconvenient based on your work hours. Also, a lot of buyers give low scores for used products they think should be like new. Even after they read a detailed description. They should monitor buyers on their average feedback scores. And have adjustments that would benefit sellers a little more. Hey Newt, no thanks on the earring spam offer.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

d.m.g.88
Enthusiast

When ebay starts holding your money then it keeps going down hill specially if you are drop shipping.They want you to use all the outside funding that you can use.Its just not right for us sellers.Our local walmart or kmart or any department store do not get there money held because they have unhappy shoppers.And come on ebay you never can make every single person happy.And some feedbacks that our buyers give us is out of our control but it is still used against us.Us sellers are not the government and can control everything,One day there will not be a ebay because you ebay are making it so hard on us sellers that we are going to have to leave.Then ebay wont be a multi million dollar place anymore hope fully they will go under like they are making us sellers do when we reach a below standard.There are other sellers out there where there feedback is alot worst than mine and they are not holding onto there money.Why are just some sellers picked on.Ebay is becoming a unfair place to be.We all need to pick up our stuff and move till ebay changes a few things around here.We have buyers out there that don't pay for there item can we leave a negative no us sellers don't even have a right to leave a negative.UNFair if there weren't sellers there would not be buyers and the buyer has more rights than we sellers do and we are the ones that keep ebay in business.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

And come on ebay you never can make every single person happy.And some feedbacks that our buyers give us is out of our control but it is still used against us.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=d.m.g.88&ftab=AllFeedback

The joys of drop shipping! 4.7 Shipping Time DSR? You need to ask them to use Priority..... FB Received:

order took 15 days. don't expect fast delivery.

I purchased this item immediately but did not recieve it for an entire month 😞

Very pretty took a long time to get here tho

Not bad to deal with could be a little faster with the shipping.

Actual delivery only took about 3 days but it took 10 days to ship

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

1.  Our local walmart or kmart or any department store do not get there money held because they have unhappy shoppers.

2.  One day there will not be a ebay because you ebay are making it so hard on us sellers that we are going to have to leave.

if there weren't sellers there would not be buyers and the buyer has more rights than we sellers do and we are the ones that keep ebay in business.

1.  Bad analogy.  The two "marts" both have physical buildings, furnishings, etc. so no one can slink away into the night with them.

2.  Ebay needs buyers as do sellers.  It is buyers that keep us both in business.  As long as buyers come to Ebay and are willing to spend money, sellers will be here offering goods for sale.

As to internet buyers having more rights than internet sellers, that is mostly a matter of law rather than something that Ebay invented.

Yes, Ebay has some annoying rules & policies and yes they could take better care of sellers.  Some of the changes in 2012 & 2013 are aimed at protecting sellers better.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

We are not top sellers nor long time EBAY sellers but we would care to unload some of our household "stuff" without contant one way harrassment from EBAY and "one-click" buyers who are just having a bad day and make a choice to be just "haters" and leave negative comments/feedback---it just is not the fun we were planning on having unloading some pretty humorous items. The numbers really don't add up and we are looking at other avenues and not spending anymore time on the phone calling EBAY Customer Service? Another "little guy and gal" bites the dust. Oh well.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I am livid as I have been selling for over ten years have 500 + in feedback all good and now have a hold on my funds. They will not even give me access to pay for the shipping of items just sold.  How can this be legal? We pay them a fee for having this service so how is it they have any legal right to withhold these same funds? I am not shipping these new items as I refuse to pay out of any other accounts as it almost defeats the whole purpose.. I want to tell them where to go but then I'm stuck with a bunch of **bleep** so they kind of have me between a rock and a hard spot.  Just how exactly is this their solution for resolving a below standard rating anyway????

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

You need to stop dragging up threads from 5-6 years ago. Start your own.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply