cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do sellers go to complain against buyers?

Do sellers have recourse against buyers? Can I file a report with ebay?  This is what happened, you tell me:  I sold 2 new eReaders to buyer in Canada.  Buyers claims they dont work. I sold over 25 of these and hadn't a complaint til now.  I offer refund if buyer mails them back to me. Buyer refuses cuz shipping them back would cost too much.  And to add insult to injury, buyer wants to report me for selling for fradulent items/maybe leave neg. FB.  Makes me wonder if buyer is trying scam me. For one, why would you keep something that doesn't work?  Two, I didn't know they didn't work, buyer coulda got a bad batch. I have 100% feedback, so I am a good seller. And Buyer wants to report me.  What can I do? What is my recourse? Where are sellers protection against these buyers?

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Use eBay's Report Buyer Hub.

Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 2 of 61
latest reply

Did you offer to pay return shipping? If they don't work you should.

Message 3 of 61
latest reply

Yes, I offered full refund, including shipping.

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

Did they threaten you with bad feedback? If they did then good you can get it removed it they leave it.  If you have already told them they need to return the items for a refund then I wouldnt say anything else.  Let them open a dispute if they want and all you have to do is check the option "Return item for refund".  And wait for it to come back.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Message 5 of 61
latest reply

If a buyer has opened a case against you, you can not open a case against them, I learned this the hard way myself.  So the buyer can scam you and open a case and there's very little you can do about it.  Ebay always sides with the buyer, I'm afraid you're going to end up with no product, negative feedback, and ebay will take the refund from you.  Also, if a buyer opens a case against you, ebay will not allow you to leave the buyer negative feedback.  It's a one way street with ebay, it's getting out of hand, best of luck.

Message 6 of 61
latest reply

1.   Ebay always sides with the buyer,

2.  I'm afraid you're going to end up with no product, negative feedback, and ebay will take the refund from you.  

3.  Also, if a buyer opens a case against you, ebay will not allow you to leave the buyer negative feedback.

1.  If the buyer opens a dispute and the seller immediately responds using the "return for a full refund" option, you won't have to refund until you get the item back - and tracked so buyer can prove delivery.  The other option that Ebay can use is a no-fault where they refund the buyer but do not take the money from you.

2.  See #1.

3.  Sellers haven't been able to leave any feedback for buyers other than positive for several years now but this has nothing to do with a dispute.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 7 of 61
latest reply

Now available on your FB page!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 8 of 61
latest reply

"Yes, I offered full refund, including shipping." Including return shipping too? Did you make that clear to your buyer?

I no longer buy (or sell) internationally. The return postage with on-line proof of delivery is often very expensive. Sellers know that and hope you will not return or you will not use on-line proof of delivery. They win either way.

Any way you go they can still leave you a negative and ding your stars. Not worth it.

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

Seems the Canadian buyer wasn't an issue.> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jkdblee&ftab=AllFeedback

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

Yesterday was my 1st sale on ebay, i am a total noob. So i am watching my item go up and up and up as 3 guys battle to outbid the next. Then the bid ends, at145 more than what i had posted the item for, being that it is my 1st sale i open the door and do a little dance outside. This happiness was short lived when i found 1 ) He did not pay.  2 ) He was from the united kingdom and it clearly states " ships in united states only " 

So what did my first selling experience amount to ? Me sending messages with no response, then me on the phone with ebay trying to figure out why i have to suffer for his arrogance, and worst of all, my product not being sold. It cost me 445 bucks. 

What is this username so you can make sure to block him ? Sure i am happy you all asked, his name is

uk.bo45   Spread the word to your friends, he totally cost me 440 bucks

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

Thread started 12/2012

Hi j2.

Why do you say you lost $445? Did you ship it without getting paid?

Do you have your blocks set to exclude international shipment with ebay and international currency with paypal?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 12 of 61
latest reply

Send the $440.00 bidder a "Second Chance Offer"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html

photo signature2_zpsa58c22b8.png
Message 13 of 61
latest reply

If buyer never paid how did you lose $445?  No where in the listing for the item does it say shipping only in the US,but even if it did say that it doesn't matter.You have to have your settings set up for shipping only in the US.

Did you have your settings set up so ebay takes care of non payers?

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 14 of 61
latest reply

Hi i did not have blocks, i did not know anything about selling on ebay prior to this. Well i do not know if my product will sell for that price again, i am assuming that it will not. I have not shipped it yet. But i did put it back up and the previous bidders are not buying it. 

I had to place it in a category that is not even correct because it says i hit my limit for that category 😞 when i did not sell anything. The buyer as far as i am aware gets no strikes. Here i am trying to repost it and i can't even do that. It really upsets me that when someone so clearly violates the rules and it can be shown that ebay does not try to make things better right away. If ebay had looked at what happened and then just cleared all details of that sell i would have been able to sell to the next bidder later that day and had my money and less to worry about, but ebay knowing i was in the right and he was in the wrong stepped back and said you have to wait 2 days to file a no pay, or wait 7 days to close the deal. Wait but he is outside of my restrictions clearly in print on items page, so why do i have to go through this when he was wrong and should just be terminated ? Well no reason as ebay employee told me, simply that is the way things are deal with it. 

So yes on my very 1st sale on ebay, i know what it is like for sellers and dealing with knuckle heads, and how ebay just does not care. I really hope this is not a regular accurance 

Message 15 of 61
latest reply