cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Happening to Ebay??

nateowens1
Enthusiast
I can't believe what is happening to Ebay, this site was once a god send for entrepreneurs and people strapped for cash and they are nothing now but overpriced corporate bullies, I mean seriously, what is going on at these strategy meetings up there with Ebays to dogs. I have never seen a business try so hard to completely destroy their brand, screw their base and murder their business. The stuff they are pulling with the DSR's and limiting small seller accounts and fees on shipping and putting holds on peoples money is just crazy, they are nothing but big bullies. Think about it, they are destroying so many peoples businesses and for many in this economy, an only source for cash. what kind of people do that? Its really sad, I know for me this was such an important source of cash, I lost my job and because of a few bad buyers that Ebay now chooses to protect my family is quickly going under, I wish someone up top would take a few and reflect on the pain they are causing so many, especially in these very hard times. I have come to realize that Ebay is a dying business, you cant deny it, look at their stock over the last 2 years, look at their business practices, some that I am pretty sure are not even legal like discrimination or allowing and encouraging buyer fraud. Yes Ebay is huge but believe me, they will fall. Just like when Google took out Yahoo or when Facebook slapped down My Space, its just a matter of time, and hopefully it will be sooner rather than latter, what they have become is sad and awful. After 11 years Im saying goodbye, and it actually hurts, this was important to me, for many years, and I put in alot of time and energy like so many others that Ebay is stepping all over now. Goodbye
Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

And, yeah, this was my first post in this group, but I think somebody should start a highly emotional slow clap right about now.

awsbuyandsell, Welcome to the Part Time Sellers Forum.

...We do try to honor most requests. 🙂

Message 31 of 147
latest reply

And, yeah, this was my first post in this group, but I think somebody should start a highly emotional slow clap right about now.

Welcome!

clap .... clap..... clap

Message 32 of 147
latest reply

cabinscollectables : Your selling standards must have really slipped dramatically to be banned permanently from eBay. Being banned is no different than having a great driving record for 25 years and then being convicted of 3 DUI charges. But, 25 years will not stop you from being banned for life from driving. The world does not owe you anything. You have to earn whatever you get everyday! Hopefully you will learn from this experience and go forth and be the seller you once were! BTW .. Don't feel sorry, the majority of this boards sellers who do very well, thank you!

.............................................................................................

"The more you take responsibility for your past and present, the more you are able to create the future you seek."  Author Unknown

Message 33 of 147
latest reply

you know, some the more I think about it, some of these people are right! I'm so angry with ebay right now! Looking at December, even with several auctions still open, I only pocketed 5 times what I paid ebay last month (can't really say that about USPS)! That's terrible! And I bet those thieves are on their own chat boards moaning about us slimy sellers who keep profiting off of our goods! Dirtbags! 😉

Here's my good example of how this really can be easy and fun(despite the effort I KNOW we all put in) - last night, while the kids were playing games, and waiting on midnight - I was listing. Yes. I was listing on NYE..... don't judge me - I had 4 free listings left!

Anywyay, I listed an item I had recently picked up at a great price and put it on at about 10:40 PST. Woke up this morning to an e-mail that it had sold in under 7 hours. The buyer and I have exchanged a couple e-mails, and he is THRILLED. It was a GREAT sale (not necessarily huge $$, but Return on Investment - that always makes me smile the most). Oh the beauty of a 24/7 global marketplace. I'm  pretty convinced that I couldn't possibly have sold THAT item, at THAT price, in THAT amount of time anywhere around here, and I would have doubts about anywhere else online.

Happy New Year!

If you "collect" things, and you are not a part time ebay seller, well... you're just a hoarder.
Message 34 of 147
latest reply

I too will no longer be selling on Ebay.  I am leaving Ebay for good and will look for another auction site similar to what Ebay "used" to be. Good luck Ebay, not that you care about a little peon like me.
....Zombie Alert!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/scents_of_time/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 35 of 147
latest reply

So that's what being a zombie means.  😉

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 36 of 147
latest reply

Yup... A seller that throws in the towel then rises from the dead to list again.

The idea actually came from OMA's posts about ID's that show up at forums to announce they're quitting and how they were wronged by eBay/PayPal/seller/buyer... He doesn't care for much them.;-)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 37 of 147
latest reply

So that's what being a zombie means.  😉

dee dee dee 

damn youv'e only replied to several of these now...youre just now figuring it out? :^O

Ignorance is bliss
Message 38 of 147
latest reply

What is Happening to eBay? (spell it right, unlike the new logo)

They are letting them Business School "graduates" run it.

Remember, Norman Greenspan had to re-evaluate his economic theories cuz he had assumed than no person with normal intelligence would be so STUPID as to intentionally destroy their own business.

But Goldman-Sachs and Morgan Stanley proved him wrong. 

As is evilBay. 😉

Honda-- Zombies are like people that call the Suicide Hotline...

If you are gonna commit suicide, you don't call to have people talk you out of it.

And if you are gonna Leave you just Leave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 39 of 147
latest reply

Evening OMA...

Exactly.;-)

Message 40 of 147
latest reply

L4D,  who is dee?  And yup, I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes.  :^O  B-)

********************************************************************************

Message 41 of 147
latest reply

LOL,  I didn't realize I was that slow...  :8}

Dee, Dee, Dee...Turn, Turn, Turn  :-p:^O

I had forgotten. 

Message 42 of 147
latest reply

:^O  ..glad you could play along! :-x

Ignorance is bliss
Message 43 of 147
latest reply

Me too.   😄

Message 44 of 147
latest reply

Lurker:

Please tell me you didnt really just misuse a Bible verse.  Hi.La.Ri.Ous!

Yeah ebay sucks.  IM having so much more success on that "other" "E" site:)

Toodles!

Message 45 of 147
latest reply