cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Happening to Ebay??

nateowens1
Enthusiast
I can't believe what is happening to Ebay, this site was once a god send for entrepreneurs and people strapped for cash and they are nothing now but overpriced corporate bullies, I mean seriously, what is going on at these strategy meetings up there with Ebays to dogs. I have never seen a business try so hard to completely destroy their brand, screw their base and murder their business. The stuff they are pulling with the DSR's and limiting small seller accounts and fees on shipping and putting holds on peoples money is just crazy, they are nothing but big bullies. Think about it, they are destroying so many peoples businesses and for many in this economy, an only source for cash. what kind of people do that? Its really sad, I know for me this was such an important source of cash, I lost my job and because of a few bad buyers that Ebay now chooses to protect my family is quickly going under, I wish someone up top would take a few and reflect on the pain they are causing so many, especially in these very hard times. I have come to realize that Ebay is a dying business, you cant deny it, look at their stock over the last 2 years, look at their business practices, some that I am pretty sure are not even legal like discrimination or allowing and encouraging buyer fraud. Yes Ebay is huge but believe me, they will fall. Just like when Google took out Yahoo or when Facebook slapped down My Space, its just a matter of time, and hopefully it will be sooner rather than latter, what they have become is sad and awful. After 11 years Im saying goodbye, and it actually hurts, this was important to me, for many years, and I put in alot of time and energy like so many others that Ebay is stepping all over now. Goodbye
Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

the_lurker
Enthusiast
Many are called, but few are chosen.

If you are going to make Ebay, or any other retail business, an important source of cash to support your family, you had better come to the realization, and quickly too, that it is in your best interest to join the ranks of the "big bullies".
Message 2 of 147
latest reply

"some that I am pretty sure are not even legal like discrimination or allowing and encouraging buyer fraud" LMAO.....
Message 3 of 147
latest reply

"I take Paypal but I will accept other forms of payment, Just contact me before you bid and we will work things out." Apparently your time and energy didn't discover this violation.
Message 4 of 147
latest reply

Yes Ebay is huge but believe me, they will fall. Just like when Google took out Yahoo or when Facebook slapped down My Space, its just a matter of time
Ebay/Paypal is changing all the time and often those changes don't meet the needs of smaller sellers or are simply irritating. Ebay/Paypal is simply trying to get away from the old model of individuals selling used or extra stuff to other individuals. Eventually one of the new sites will emerge as a viable way to do this. In the meantime Ebay/Paypal still has some utility to offer to those of us who don't really want to run a "business". It's just not as good for that purpose as it was in the past.
Message 5 of 147
latest reply

partyfavors4sale
Enthusiast
Well bay use to be the number one website,but after all the new changes that is un called for,ebay has lost a lot of their great sellers,because of poor management and high fees.I now sell on free websites and have sold more in a month then on ebay.To me ebay has lost another great seller,just because of their new changes and greed over money.It's time for all the great sellers to wake up and smell the roses,ebay is not the only website that you can sell on.
JUST CLOSED MY EBAY STORE LAST WEEK DUE TO THE STRIKE,AND AM NOT LISTING ANYTHING.I JUST MOVED ALL MY ITEMS TO ANOTHER AUCTION WEBSITE,WHERE IT IS ALL FREE.NO LISTING FEES,NO FVF,AND THEY EVEN GIVE YOU A FREE STORE.
NO MORE EBAY FOR ME!
Message 6 of 147
latest reply

Sorry to see you Go.

But your thread did bring out the evilBay Glee Club.
The butt-kissers who say "Ebay/Paypal is simply trying to get away from the old model of individuals selling used or extra stuff to other individuals"
That IS (or Was) the eBay business model.
That is like Burger King deciding there is more money to be made by competing with Panda Express.

You are right. evilBay Sux, and it will be going the was of many other failed enterprises.
Saying that evilBay is doing well by quoting their PR company is like saying that GM is doing well after closing 12 plants.
(and ending Pontiac)
The Pontiac plant workers are not doing so well, and the communities that those factories were in aren't doing so well... But the CEO's are doing GREAT!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 7 of 147
latest reply

scents_of_time
Enthusiast
I too will no longer be selling on Ebay. As a small part-time seller, I have found Ebay has become part of the corporate greed machine and am personally sick of it. I keep receiving those threatening emails to "increase my seller performance" due to one bad buyer who I refunded instantly, one day after I shipped her item (which was shipped two days after auction end). I haven't sold since and that was six months ago, yet Ebay continues to "threaten" that I need to increase my seller performance or "funds will be held" for a period of time. Held? What the heck? I remember the good ol' days when Ebay was a good thing; fair to both buyers and sellers. Gone are those days. There is no fairness to the seller any more. The buyer has complete rein. Ebay customer support is of no help to a small time buyer. All I get is the constant pressure to not sell anymore shoved in my face. How many small time sellers can Ebay afford to lose? I am leaving Ebay for good and will look for another auction site similar to what Ebay "used" to be. Good luck Ebay, not that you care about a little peon like me. You had such a great thing going, only to ruin it with your corporate greed.
Message 8 of 147
latest reply

tech.know.redneck
Enthusiast
I will never understand the need to go on a rant about how terrible ebay is. If it sucks that bad why not spend that energy selling somewhere else.

The only motive I can think of is maybe they are trying to convince more people to leave to whatever auction site to drive up exposure for what they are selling on www.notraffic.com

:)
Message 9 of 147
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
A person gets what they pay for and 16% is not a lot to ask for the exposure that eBay gives sellers. Todays prices/charges are tomorrows bargains.
Message 10 of 147
latest reply

A person gets what they pay for and 16% is not a lot to ask for the exposure that eBay gives sellers. Todays prices/charges are tomorrows bargains.

Seems like a lot of buyers don't get what they pay for !

&

All those bargains , seem to cost less today than when they were bought !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 11 of 147
latest reply

Hey Old Man, Where do you get off calling me an Ebay buttkisser. If anyone can kiss my butt it's Ebay.
Message 12 of 147
latest reply

You're right, it was wrong of OMA to resort to name calling , and single you out !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 13 of 147
latest reply

You're right, it was wrong of OMA to resort to name calling , and single you out !
Yeah, me of all people an Ebay cheerleader??????
Message 14 of 147
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
How many people say they are leaving eBay and instead of cancelling their account just hang around complain. Pathetic!
Message 15 of 147
latest reply