cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized payment dispute

I have a buyer that has open an unauthorized payment dispute. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this? I provided a tracking number to pay pal to prove that I shipped the item and according to tracking delivered. Pay pay has got a hold on my funds for that item. The buyer has went through their credit card to dispute the payment. I hope that im covered through Pay Pal.  

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Unauthorized Payment Dispute

If you used delivery confirmation / tracking that shows delivery (or got a signature if the cost was over $250) and if you sent to the address in the buyer's paypal, you should be OK.

In those cases, Paypal will refund the buyer but should not take the money from you.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I always purchase my postage through ebay so I can benifit from the free tracking. Pay Pal can see where it was paid for using their card and I ship the item in the stated time as my listing mentions.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

all you need is proof of shipping.

you don't have to have a DC/SC number.

a scan of the receipt would be good enough if you didn't have a DC/SC number.

once they review it they'll release the funds.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I read were it could take up to 30 days. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Exact same thing happened to me recently.  The "hold" only lasted a day, and nothing was ever taken from my bank account or my paypal account.  I did provide paypal with tracking information.  Check your email to see if paypal has sent a new

notification.  If so, resubmit information.  

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Do not wait for the bots to decide your fate. Call PayPal ASAP and they will clarify you did everything right. They will immediately place the funds back in your account and unfreeze the hold.

But do not wait!

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I read were it could take up to 30 days. 

wont take that long for a human to look at the info you gave them.

i had one,they released the funds in two days.

i guess, if you didn't have proof of shipping you'll have to wait for the outcome of the dispute,which could take a month.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I'm wondering here troops. OP posted Unauthorized Payment Dispute which is clearly defined as an account breach.

An unauthorized transaction is a type of error that occurs when money is sent from your Account that you did not authorize and that did not benefit you. For example, if someone steals your password, uses the password to access your Account, and sends a payment from your Account, an unauthorized transaction has occurred.

But went on to post, "The buyer has went through their credit card to dispute the payment."...>  Understanding Chargebacks.

This is a horse of a different color. Don't want to be negative here but I haven't seen one of these turn out well.

PayPal reserves the right not to dispute a chargeback even if the seller has provided some evidence, particularly if PayPal believes the dispute is not likely to be successful.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Ok heres the verdict. Pay Pal released my funds back into my account. He is what I was told. First that I mailed through ebay and had a tracking number. Second I could prove that I shipped the item. Third the item was delivered. Also the PP rep said that I followed the chain of command and that the dispute was in my favor. :-).

Here is a little advise always follow up and do not wait. PP rep was willing to help.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Good for you Sonya...thats exactly what I said would happen in post #6 😉

Most of us been there done that....more than twice 🙂

Hope new posters get a glimpse of how using eBay labels and proper shipping procedures can benefit all. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Ok heres the verdict... the dispute was in my favor. :-).

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Ok heres the verdict... the dispute was in my favor. :-).

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Honda:  Mine went through his credit card company after paypal wouldn't give him my money.  They notified me and I resubmitted tracking information (after calling pp) and everything was fine.

I believe half of these are scammers, because you do need a

password to get on ebay.  So even if someone took your card,

how did they get on ebay?  Anyway this was a month ago, and

I just rec'd email from pp saying case was closed.  Even though they never did take any money from me.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the info Lynne! I've read a few of these PayPal/CC charge backs and quite a few went the other way. Glad to hear yours successful!

Message 15 of 22
latest reply