cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Missent... Now what?

Just got a message from a buyer saying the tracking number for their item just says missent.  Anyone seen this before and know exactly what it means?  Missent is a bit ambiguous.  Is the item going to be coming back to me?  Is their a chance they will still get the item?  TIA

Missent

Feb-25-13, 10:04 AM

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

Feb-23-13, 02:01 AM, FORT WORTH, TX 76161

Depart USPS Sort Facility

Feb-23-13, 00:00 AM, DALLAS, TX 75398

Feb-23-13, 00:00 AM, FORT WORTH, TX 76161

Feb-22-13, 22:17 PM, DALLAS, TX 75398

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Feb-20-13, 18:13 PM, FOREST PARK, IL 60130

Feb-20-13, 00:00 AM, FOREST PARK, IL 60130

Acceptance

Feb-19-13, 12:19 PM, LINDENWOOD, IL 61049

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

I haven't seen the one you are speaking of, however, I sent a package to Colorado, it went there, came back to MD, and then back to CO again and was finally delivered.  Keep your fingers crossed and keep checking the tracking daily.  Shipping thru USPS for me has been a bit of a nightmare recently but seems to be getting straightened out.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed every time I mail a package though.

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

This happened to one of my packages last year. It was still delivered 1-3 days later. Forget the exact number of days.

Message 3 of 61
latest reply

Alright so it sounds like their is a chance the buyer will still get the item.  I guess I'll just message them back and tell them if they dont receive the item by the end of the week to let me know.  Its a low dollar item and only weighs 3 oz, so i'm not worried about it.  Just never seen Missent before...  and why can't it give an actual detailed reason?

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

Missent

Feb-25-13, 10:04 AM

Feb-23-13, 02:01 AM, FORT WORTH, TX 76161

Feb-23-13, 00:00 AM, DALLAS, TX 75398

Feb-23-13, 00:00 AM, FORT WORTH, TX 76161

Feb-22-13, 22:17 PM, DALLAS, TX 75398

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Things are bigger in Texas! Like USPS Ping-Pong!

Dallas----Fort Worth-----Dallas----Fort Worth------Dallas----Fort Worth

Sorry this happened to you SVA....

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 5 of 61
latest reply

Don't worry Struggle....it gets rerouted and delivered. Happens all the time...especially now that USPS has stuffed 40 pounds of crap in a 10 pound bag.

Message 6 of 61
latest reply

Missent usually means that when it arrives to one of the sort facilities it ended on the wrong truck to another (local) post office.  It usually sorts itself out pretty fast 1-2 days.

If your buyer is in or near Dallas/Fort Worth, it was then sent to a neighboring post office instead of the buyer's.  It'll go back to D/FW then out to the right PO.

I had a very similar situation with a buyer not too long ago.  She was panicked (newer buyer).  This is what I wrote her.

Dear Buyer,

I see your package made it to the White Plains, NY main sorting facility(insert your own here), so it's in your area.  "Missent" means that from there they put it on the wrong truck to another local post office.  The USPS website said that this should sort out within 24 hours.  They'll sent it back to the sorting facility and then to your local post office.  These things happen, but at least it's super close.

I'll check the USPS site again tomorrow, and if there are no updates by late afternoon, I'll give them a call.  Information isn't always "real time" and their internal computers can sometimes give more information.

Regards,

Seller

For mine - she was expecting it on Saturday when it was marked "missent" and it showed up on Monday.  She was ever so happy - and also extremely apologetic for getting antsy (she called eBay first and they told her to contact me).  Sometimes buyers need a bit of hand holding. 

- Suzanne -
Message 7 of 61
latest reply

I am not a new buyer but I still panic when I am waiting on a "missent" package that contains live plants!

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

In my case....i had printed out a label and it was too late to cancel so I copy and pasted another name and address on the label. USPS must go by tracking as the item went to the original state (SC) even though the new address was ( TX). Ill see what happens next.

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

Wait a day or two for movement. I have a package coming that says "delivered" in FtWorth....I don't live in FtWorth.... but has since gone back to Dallas.. and hopefully will make it my way... have seen some serious screwyness in the DFW area this last month with packages.
Message 10 of 61
latest reply

thank you for your post!

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

This is why I use Fedex Smartpost instead of USPS. I had to use USPS because the buyer has a PO Box. I avoid USPS like the devil. I came across this forum because I didn't know what "Missent" meant. The one time I use USPS....
Message 12 of 61
latest reply

@eham5641  Just wanted to clear up a bit of misinformation ~ Do you realize that Fedex SmartPost uses USPS to deliver your package on the final leg of it's journey?  In addition, Fedex SmartPost will deliver to PO Boxes!

Why FedEx SmartPost?

When you need to ship low-weight packages to residential customers, consider efficient, economical FedEx SmartPost shipping service. By utilizing the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS) for final delivery, FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. You can even use FedEx SmartPost to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and all U.S. territories.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/outbound.html

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 13 of 61
latest reply

Yes, but the original drop off is FedEx, which is a lot more efficient.  Fedex delivers the package half way on it's arrival before USPS delivers it.

EBay's Fedex Smart Post labels will not allow you to print labels for PO boxes.  Thanks.

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

@eham5641 wrote:

Yes, but the original drop off is FedEx, which is a lot more efficient.  Fedex delivers the package half way on it's arrival before USPS delivers it.

EBay's Fedex Smart Post labels will not allow you to print labels for PO boxes.  Thanks.

Thanks for that info ~ I don't use eBay shipping labels for FedEx because I have a Fed Ex account.

From what I have read on the Community Boards, buyers dislike SmartPost because of the longer delivery time, but from looking at your DSRs it seems to work for you.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 15 of 61
latest reply