cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinning the hoard and what's going on ?

So back to this again. Culling useless things that are laying around, mostly cuz the daughters are worrying about us kicking the bucket and leaving all this to them. How did we get all these strange items in this house?

So I see shipping is even more exorbitant than ever.  What is this USPS parcel select and retail ground and what is the difference between the two? Just give me your impressions if you have used either of these. And are there any strange limitations on these methods?

Hope some of you answer me. It feels quite lonely in here. I come in to lurk occasionally, but see one of the most interesting threads is the dead thread. That does not bode well for phartiedom. Let's get this place rockin' again!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

doigle, it's great to see your post...

there's a ragtag group of us who try to keep what was alive,

stop lurking, come back and start posting, we could use all

the help from the old guard as possible.

Sorry, I don't mean to preach... it is nice to see you again.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Howdy!

Parcial select replaced parcel post, which is online postage. Retail ground is what you pay at the post office, which is more.

Prices are ridiculous! Sometimes priority mail is cheaper and quicker. You also get $50 ins. $100 for TRS +.

When comparing prices look at commercial rates and print postage online.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi Holly!
Yes, the Pharties are few & far between. I got my account suspended for a few years and stop back in to interject when I can. As far as shipping costs go USPS has a complex ways of mailing but I recommend you start here.> Postage Price Calculator

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi honda.
Nice to see you stop by, but I'm not Holly. 😀

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

No, I am that. Hi Honda, BD, and all. Yes it is nice to see a few familiar phaces. Or is the use of ph now discouraged?

I will get around to rereading those very exciting articles you recommend. I'm one finger typing on this tablet so can't ramble on to an annoying degree. I'll get to that later as well😄
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ph is not discouaged... there are still a few left who understand it's meaning,

having said that, most of the posters will assume you can't spell... Smiley Very Happy

Edited due to spelling errors. Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Phartie, 😂

Where's Skinny, by the way?
phan needs a hello.
Sorry got of track, must be the eclipse. 😂

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Love,
Who is Skinny? I know it's not me!

I am so confused. But I can't blame the eclipse. It is my chronic condition now it seems.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply