cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing a vacation hold on your listings

Well, it's been a while since I visited the discussion boards and consistent with everything eBay, I see it's all changed.  Or my memory has gone south.  

Anyway, I checked with the "customer support" feature and after wasting some time, couldn't find an answer to my question.

That is, does eBay offer any option for putting your listings "on hold" while you are going to be away?  Or do you simply have to let them run down (or end them early), one at a time?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Hi, gschwertley - Unless you have a store, you can't put your listings on vacation.  Depending on how long you are going to be gone and how many listings you have, I suppose you could open a store for a month and then put it on vacation for the time you would be gone, and then cancel the store for the following month when you returned.  I am not sure if this would make sense, cost wise, for you, but it is an option.

Someone that has a store will probably be around later to help you out.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 2 of 50
latest reply

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know.  No, I'm not going the store route.  I try to evade as many commitments as possible at my age.   I'll just deal with it at the appropriate time.  

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

Opening a basic store for a month to put everything on vacation would cost $20.

Without a store, it's easier to just end all of your listings.

Since not all buyers pay immediately (unless you have only BIN with IPR listings), I recommend ending them at least 10 days before you leave, to make sure that everything has been paid for and shipped, or UPIs filed and closed.  In other words, complete all outstanding eBay business well before you leave.

Some sellers of smaller items can take their inventory with them; and that's fine too.  Just make sure to change the ship-from ZIP Code to the correct 1 when you ship from out of town, so that the postage and credited Post Office will both be correct.

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

"No, I'm not going the store route.  I try to evade as many commitments as possible at my age."

Not sure what age has to do with anything.  If the $20 fee for one month with a store makes financial sense, do that.  Otherwise don't do that.  The reasoning should be the same if you are 20, 40, 60, 80, or really old.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 5 of 50
latest reply

How about putting a temporary notice in your listing that you will not be able to ship until some date in the future.

Once you are back you can remove the temporary notice. 

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

Several months ago I had a neck problem that required extensive recovery time, including the inability to use my right hand. I was astonished that eBay has no system (like Etsy) does that allows a seller to put auctions (not store items) on vacation for up to 30 days. If you have over 1k items listed, it's a disaster. Not sure why, but just another anoying thing that eBay could fix to help sellers.

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

@bisbeeminerals wrote:

Several months ago I had a neck problem that required extensive recovery time, including the inability to use my right hand. I was astonished that eBay has no system (like Etsy) does that allows a seller to put auctions (not store items) on vacation for up to 30 days. If you have over 1k items listed, it's a disaster. Not sure why, but just another anoying thing that eBay could fix to help sellers.

If you have over 1k listings, why wouldn't you have a store?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 50
latest reply

I agree

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

Not the best idea... effects your seller ratings if you do not ship in allowed time if someone purchases the item while you are gone.
Message 10 of 50
latest reply

If you do a store for 30 days only  because you are going on vacation do you have to relist items that did not sell during that time as a regular ebay listing because you would not be renewing the store?

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

@paxtiago Hi, pax...when you close a store, all of your listings will stay active, but with none of the "perks" associated with a store, i.e. insertion fees, FVFs, etc.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/closing-your-store.html

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Thank you!!!

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

@multimedea_media  Hi, multi...it's really nice to see you back here ~ I think it's been a couple of years, right?  

The PT group is still hanging on...barely and by a thread, as we are so difficult to find and we have lost so many really fun posters, but the gang that is left is a loyal bunch and we still manage to have a chuckle or two each day ~ we still answer the odd question and have a fun music thead and a great word game, so please join in next time you are in the neighborhood.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply