cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package picked up by USPS then no updates, Package Missing, Buyer opened case

Had USPS pickup package on July 2nd.  Got confirmation from USPS that packages were picked up.  There were two packages, one is the missing one.  The other package has been delivered.  Missing one was shipped Priority

Buyer opened case and wants refund.  Says she is moving, last day at address it today.  I have opened missing case with USPS but want to wait until I hear from them on Monday befor refunding.  It is too early to open a Lost case (need 15 business days).   Buyer is making accusations of fraud, has only 15 feedback.  I told her that you don't get 100% feedback by not sending paid merchandise.  I am offended. 

Would you refund or wait to see what USPS says about the package.  If so how long to wait until refund.   This buyer is a B*%tch.   This scenario could end up with buyer getting refund and me without the merchandise if the package is delivered to her old address.    Or would the merchandise be sent back as undeliverable?

Never had a package just disappear.  I have had some with delayed due to a hurricane but eventually arrived.  (that is another story about a PITA who wanted me to send another pair of $100 shoes). 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@lilpookiebear wrote:

Had USPS pickup package on July 2nd.  Got confirmation from USPS that packages were picked up.  There were two packages, one is the missing one.  The other package has been delivered.  Missing one was shipped Priority

Is it past the estimated delivery date Ebay gave?

If the package is lost and tracking doesn't show any movement, just refund the buyer, and file a claim with USPS.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Oh yes way past.  It was due July 11th. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@lilpookiebear wrote:

Oh yes way past.  It was due July 11th. 

Tell the buyer you're having USPS do a lost package search (even if you can't do that yet). Ignore any nasty messages.

Then call eBay and ask for an extension on the "not received" case to allow USPS to look for it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

So I refunded the buyer. USPS has no udpates on a priority package mailed on July 3rd and on July 16th I refunded.

Then on July 17th updates started showing up AND now the says delivered. 

The buyer now has the merchandise and a refund!   Is it possible for Ebay to reverse the refund if I call customer support.  The buyer when initially filing the case on July 13th claimed she is moving on Sunday.  My legal obligation as the seller has been completed. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

hI, @lilpookiebear  Just to be clear...the buyer actually does have the package?  Was the package forwarded to her or was the "moving" just a ruse to get you to ship faster?

Unfortunately, eBay will not "undo" the refund and they actually have no way to do that...so you are at the mercy of the buyer doing the right thing and sending you the money.  Send the buyer a very polite message/email with a PayPal invoice/money request and let them know that you are delighted that the package finally arrived and they can now pay for the item using PayPal ~ and then cross your fingers! 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, what Hidy says here is likely your best (and probably only) bet. Hopefully they will see that you were honest and HAD in fact shipped it out, and will do the right thing. I hope for your sake that they do.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply