cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a Mistake in my listing..Newbie seller needs advice!

I've had an account with ebay for awhile, but only started selling a couple of months ago. I  just got a "best offer" (which I hate) on a listing and when I was looking it over, noticed the buyer was from China.  I am just learning the ins and outs of shipping in the U.S. and  have ALWAYS removed the global shipping option.  I didn't realize it until looking at the offer, that I had NOT removed global shipping option on this one!  I'm sure I can't ship to China for the shipping price in my listing even if I wanted to.  I really don't want to accept the offer anyway even if was from U.S.  So what is best way to correct things?  
Ignore?or refuse? the offer and then go in & remove the global option now? Can I do that, or do I need to delete the listing and start over? Don't want to get in things messed up any worse than already have.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the fast response! 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@linber_8ie0mwrote:

I've had an account with ebay for awhile, but only started selling a couple of months ago. I  just got a "best offer" (which I hate) on a listing and when I was looking it over, noticed the buyer was from China.  I am just learning the ins and outs of shipping in the U.S. and  have ALWAYS removed the global shipping option.  I didn't realize it until looking at the offer, that I had NOT removed global shipping option on this one!  I'm sure I can't ship to China for the shipping price in my listing even if I wanted to.  I really don't want to accept the offer anyway even if was from U.S.  So what is best way to correct things?  
Ignore?or refuse? the offer and then go in & remove the global option now? Can I do that, or do I need to delete the listing and start over? Don't want to get in things messed up any worse than already have.

Refuse the offer and then you remove the global option.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the fast response! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@linber_8ie0mwrote:

@linber_8ie0m Hi, linber and welcome to the Part Time eBay Sellers Group ~ sorry I wasn't around when you first posted your question.

"Global" shipping is not the same as selling internationaly.  eBay's GSP (Global Shipping Program) which is how you listed the "dime store pony tail doll" will not require you to pay to ship to the final international destination, but only to Erlanger, Kentucky, USA which is the GSP hub that will then send the package on to its final destination.

eBay has a bad habit of enrolling new sellers into the GSP without your knowledge so check to make sure that none of your listings are set up for GSP, and FYI, GSP listings are best suited for widgets that are heavy and with a price of more than $50.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply