Ask a Mentor
Mentors are seasoned buyers and sellers who have volunteered to answer buying and selling questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Explain the deduction of 50% of the total ammount I paid for a returned item that did not work.

Shouldn't the seller have made sure that the equipment works before putting it on the market? Unless this is another way of making money out of returns they know that won't work, and by not informing the buyer the cost of returning the item before th...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

UPS Shipping Adjustments

HI! I am a long time ebay seller but new to these boards. I am having some issues with UPS overcharges. Hoping I can share the situation and get some help. I was told to try here at deb@shipping

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Spam emails after selling item

this is my first time selling on ebay. i uploaded a camera that I'm trying to sell and i just had someone purchase it. almost immediately after adding my payout details, i started receiving an influx of the same email. this has been happening for abo...

Temporary time away notice to buyers

So I left on vacation for 2 weeks and put up a temporary notice to buyers that I would be away so they would know delivery would be delayed. I did not suspend selling I did not suspend selling so sales continued while I was away. Upon returning I mai...

not the product

What is the appropriate response to a product that was in fact not what was described and or pictured. I don't wish to go to the trouble associated with a return but I would like folks to know that this seller misrepresents.

Activity Log?

Hi, is there an activity log somewhere on ebay? Something like... 2024-04-24 11:01:15 - created listing ID 1234567890122024-04-24 11:15:24 - changed account phone number2024-04-24 11:01:15 - revised listing ID 123456789013 and so forth. ? Thank you.

Shipping rates.

I heard shipping rates are established by the "system". I just view 4 similar items and the shipping costs were $97.30, $64.50, $29.55, $6.77. Can't believe shippers and distances would make that much difference. Is this a scam??

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Blackhole International Hub Glendale Heights, IL

My shipment has been at step 1 received for over 10 days. Other shipment at step 2 for 10+ days. Other shipment at shipped by delayed and STILL at this location for going on 4 days now. What is actually going on with this place? Who is it run by to b...

Buyer lists wrong address.

Sold item, shipped to address requested, buyer says wrong address, eBay refunds buyer the fees. How is the seller wrong in this situation? Tell me what I did wrong?

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Order seized by post office.

What can I do if my order is seized by the post office for counterfeit postage? Is there a way to contact ebay?

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors