cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app for selling eBay Items on Facebook Page

Lately I was looking for a way to sell my items on my Facebookpage, because Facebook has millions of users (much more than eBay), so there is a big market to sell to. After some searching I stubled upon a great facebook app called "eBay Items".

I added the app to my page and in few seconds my eBay listings were up on Facebook. This is an amazing way to promote our eBay listings to new markets.

I think it's worth sharing with the rest of eBay community because I am sure I am not the only one looking for this. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Here I included a screenshot of the eBay Items facebook app in attachment.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

WOW !

Just take a look at the 1st store name in the demo on the second attachment!

WOW !!

It's hard to find a sale under $500 !

Big numbers....big big numbers !

Gee thanks for sharing that app , & no I don't need a phone or a tablet but thanks for sharing!

On 2nd thought....

Can you say dropshipper....

( too bad those stock photo's are on the chopping block)

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

It's hard to find a sale under $500 !

Big numbers....big big numbers !

Facecrook.blah

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Someone will have to explain Farcebook to me.

I didn't think it was a business site .

Unless you already have half a million friends who don't mind you pushing your products on them......who searches facebook to buy electronics ?

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I'm curious how sellers think buyers will find their store on FB? I only see posts made by my friends (kind've the point of FB after all). And if my friends start trying to sell me crap on eBay then they are on the blocked list....

I have one friend who makes bracelets and sells them on eBay and Etsy. I refuse to "friend" her store's FB page and the only people who go to her live FB events are other sellers hoping to hawk their wares. My friend straight up told me that the only sales she gets from FB are from these other sellers and she has to turn around and buy their stuff or they go away.

Sooooo.... I would really like to know the strategy behind trying to sell your stuff to your friends. It sounds like a great way to annoy people. Does that app help you reach strangers? It would be one thing if your listings showed up as ads when people post something related (like if some woman in Seattle posts... "My son loves his new castle lego set", and then one of my Lego castle sets shows up in her ads to the right). But if all your doing is inviting people you already know to view your store, then this does not seem like a win.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Basically if you do it right, you can have a lot of fans on your facebook business page, and they will see your items, share them to their friends, and so on.

There are many strategies to make business on facebook, especially now with the eBay Items app that I mentioned earlier.

Search on google how to do business on facebook, you will find a lot of info.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Why would anyone go to Facebook to shop on evilBay?

Are FB zombies so stupid that they will jump on any crap just cuz it's on Facebook?

It is great cuz I can eBay on FB on my phone, while Twitting and Texting and Yakking?

And why haven't the Nigerian Royalty been recruiting on Facebook?

Seems like such fertile hustling ground.]:)

Doesn't evilBay already have an iPhone and Android app?

Why would I need a Facebook app?

So that I will NEVER be away from evilBay?

BTW-- I have a Facebook page... I just never visit there.

Oh!  And I intentionally do not have a cell phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Anybody remember when MySpace was the wave of the Future?

I didn't go there either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Seems like the same person/company made the similar apps for Amazon "Amazon Items" and for Bonanza.com "Bonanza items".

Just search on Facebook for these names and you will find it.

Cool.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Seems like the same person/company made the similar apps for Amazon "Amazon Items" and for Bonanza.com "Bonanza items".

Just search on Facebook for these names and you will find it.

Cool.

Why not just skip the middle-man and go to those sites directly? Just wondering.....?

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

kul585
Enthusiast

Wow, seems like a lot of people are using this app, because on this page you can see the last 10 Facebook pages who started using this app, and every time I refresh (about every hour) there are some new pages in the list.

This is cool.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

I don't see how my sales could possibly benefit by being involved

with Facebook, where members are caught up posting such

important information as the fact that they just ate a burger.

Sorry, not interested. 😐

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I see that they also made an app for buyers to find "great deals". It actually works pretty good. It's called "eBay Agent".

Here is the link to the home page: www.eBayAgent.com

Basically it does an automated searched for you and notifies you when desired items for desired price is posted by someone. Also you get notified when your watched auctions are ending soon. Very customizable.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

kul585
Enthusiast

eBay Items app is definitly worth using. Very easy to set up, less than 1 minute. Highly recomand it.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I don't see how my sales could possibly benefit by being involved

with Facebook, where members are caught up posting such

important information as the fact that they just ate a burger.

Sorry, not interested. 😐

I'm not saying I'm using it, because, like h_risdon referenced, I'm not really in this to sell stuff, haggle with, or annoy my friends - but think about it this way - while they're posting that they just ate a burger, they are then shown an opportunity to buy something... it's just another form of advertising.... like a sports sponsorship, bus bench, etc... and you're advertising to a HUGE "community",

If you "collect" things, and you are not a part time ebay seller, well... you're just a hoarder.
Message 15 of 24
latest reply