cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay prices are getting out of control (EBAY+Paypal took me USD200 - 16.5% on a USD1200 item!!!!

fees over fees over fees. all of the are not clear.

I sold a nvidia gpu for 1203. Free shipping. Paypal deposited 1155 in my bank account and on the next month ebay charged me 150 dollars!!!

none of it was clearly stated. phone representatives just say " on the listing the fees may apply warning was on the bottom right". and they say that PayPal "is a different company".. CMON

ridiculous! i feel outraged. will have to stop using ebay if they dont partially refund this. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay prices are getting out of control (EBAY+Paypal took me USD200 - 16.5% on a USD1200 item!!!!

@abbraga1 wrote:

fees over fees over fees. all of the are not clear.

I sold a nvidia gpu for 1203. Free shipping. Paypal deposited 1155 in my bank account and on the next month ebay charged me 150 dollars!!!

none of it was clearly stated. phone representatives just say " on the listing the fees may apply warning was on the bottom right". and they say that PayPal "is a different company".. CMON

ridiculous! i feel outraged. will have to stop using ebay if they dont partially refund this. 

Does the $150 include VAT? If so, that's not an eBay fee.

And yes, PayPal is a different company, providing a different service, which they expect to be paid for. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You should have looked at the sellers fees page here on eBay before listing. Honestly, though, that's not that bad. Most consignment auction houses charge 35% or more here in southern IL, so eBay is CHEAP by comparison.

Here is the eBay selling fees page:  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

Message 3 of 3
latest reply