Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY and PAYPAL Fees too high

Thinking very seriously about cancelling my account.:-(

Message 1 of 145
latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

My point being, I haven't been away from ebay that long, and somehow the fees have suddenly become astronomical.  It kind of came out of nowhere.  

Message 31 of 145
latest reply

You sold 8 items in '12, the highest being less than the fees for the one transaction this year.> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=julsy87&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Did you compare the % rate from then to this one? Maybe sticker shock is influencing your surprise?

Just a thought....

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 32 of 145
latest reply

Dido   The fees are ridiculous   I work for ebay  I provide the product !  They bank the cash 

Message 33 of 145
latest reply

Your math is wrong - at 10% of $20, their fees would be $2 not 20 cents

Message 34 of 145
latest reply

@fortsasquatch wrote:

Thinking very seriously about cancelling my account.:-(

Guess they changed their mind.> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=fortsasquatch&ftab=AllFeedback

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 35 of 145
latest reply

@archieboy wrote:

Your math is wrong - at 10% of $20, their fees would be $2 not 20 cents

My math is fine. They were complaining about raising the fees from 9% to 10%. A 1% raise in fees on $20.00 is 20 cents. 

Message 36 of 145
latest reply

Zombee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 37 of 145
latest reply

Hi OMA - You have a personal request that landed in the "word game" - since I know it's not your favorite place, and that you probably wouldn't see it - I am posting it for you here. tajawalks used to post her often - and rememberd you and your guatars.  

hidy-hoo
Community Member

Re: P T Sellers WORDGAME 2013 .......all welcome !!
in reply to tajawalk

tajawalk - long, long time no see - welcome back!

Orlando - Mickey 

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif

tajawalk
Community Member

Re: P T Sellers WORDGAME 2013 .......all welcome !!
in reply to hidy-hoo

Mickey ~ Minnie

I am just so busy. came back to see if old man arthur is still around. I am tyring figure out a way to show off a guitar I recently found.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 38 of 145
latest reply

Hoo, that was very nice of you !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 39 of 145
latest reply

@komokwa wrote:
Hoo, that was very nice of you !

Thanks, komo heart emo.gif - I aim to please!!

Spoiler
But the questions remains - did OMA see this post?  To be continued ........

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 40 of 145
latest reply

I don't pay any fees My buyers pay them

Guard Against The Imposturers Of Pretended Freedom
Message 41 of 145
latest reply

@barefootwanderer wrote:
I too am disgusted to have discovered how much ebay fees have risen I last sold items here. Just checking out Bonanza.com their fees seem much more reasonable (closer to 3%) and the rest of the site looks very similar to ebay format. See you there!

Maybe.......but not as many will see you there as see you here...........

Good luck being seen !

Message 42 of 145
latest reply

Total agreement here, I didn't realize I am going to be giving up 10% on a item, then paypal's cut which is for the full price including the 10% ebay is already jacking me for. Can't even afford to give people a good deal on something because then it costs me money. I'm not even trying to make money, just want to sell the item for what it is worth, which the customer appreciates. But then I get jacked for 13% of that, it's just too much and I believe it is no longer worth the hassle. I think I will stop selling on ebay entirely. I am selling a $400 item for $330 and I am looking to come out with $285 by the time the transaction is done. I would really love to sell them the item at $285 so they get a hell of a deal and I am no worse off. Or meet in the middle where we are both happy. But i just can't afford to do that mathematically it makes no sense. Then if I charge shipping ebay is chargin me a 10% fee of the shipping cost too and paypal! W.T.F! What if something is just a heavy item or far away? Wackness. I think I am going to quit selling things and **bleep** I feel the pain for people I have gotten really good deals from, a big thank you to them. Also it's backwards, there shoudln't be a $250 limit it should be 10% fee for all items of all values or it favors sellers who sell really expensive items.

Message 43 of 145
latest reply

I think Ebay's fees are too high and now I noticed you pay a final value fee for the shipping charge. I don't raise the shipping to make extra money so one I've been losing money every time I ship because I give 10% of it to EBay. I've been selling since 2011 and now they hold up my money for weeks because they say I haven't sold 25 items yet. They never started doing that until this year. I am an honest seller and never had a negative feedback and feel my money should not be earning interest in their bank account until they feel they should release the funds. Plus the only option for payment when I list is PayPal! How convenient is it for them because it is more fees they get off my sale. I guess since they are the only game in town they will take advantage of that fact
Message 44 of 145
latest reply

Once again I call for a sellers ( & buyers) tutorial before being able to use the ebay site !

Message 45 of 145
latest reply