cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available for Pickup?

I shipped a package on Tuesday to New York - I just checked the tracking and it shows "Available for Pickup" - I've never seen this before and am not sure exactly what it means - anyone?

Carrier:

USPS

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

Available for Pickup

Sep-05-13, 08:57 AM, POLAND, NY 13431

Arrival at Post Office

Sep-05-13, 08:56 AM, POLAND, NY 13431

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

Sep-03-13, 19:44 PM, WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Available for Pickup?

I am dealing with this now.

An item I purchased was shipped, a notice was never left, I checked the tracking and it said

out for delivery, then Available for Pickup, I went to the PO and they said they can't find the package.

The post master told me they use the term  Available for Pickup when you have a PO BOX and the package is too large to fit in the box, so they leave a slip that states Available for Pickup in your PO Box.

I filed a case and it was ruled in the sellers favor,

They said the seller provided tracking info that  the item was delivered.

I never recived the item or a refund---Ebay buyer protection let me down.Pay Pay was to be paid on delivery.

I called several times and was told that was their policy.

I have made a complaint to the BBB.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

The post master told me they use the term  Available for Pickup when you have a PO BOX 

Then it shoulf have never said ...out for delivery.......if it never left the post office.

Go back to the PO and demand the post master find the box........

other wise he's no MASTER of anything...

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi my name is  sandy  and  i'm  abit   confused  and i'm  hoping   that someone would   explained   it to  me.  like most of you  out there  i keep checking the tracking  status  of my  items  that i  brought  from  Ebay  this week  i had  three  packages  that  were  on  the status  "out  for  delivery"  but only  two  were  delivered  so  i email  the  post office   and   asked them  to  do a search   for  it    they  did .  and  now   the  status  reads Available for Pickup   what  does that mean ?   ty

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

My guess is it's at the post office and available for you to pick it up.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

The crooks/incompetents at your local post office stole/lost it, why hold it against the seller or eBay?? Hold your Postmaster accountable!
Message 20 of 20
latest reply