cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Summer Sellers Update

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/2018-Summer-Seller-Update/td-p/28514895/jump-to/first-unread-m...

Hello,

This morning we announced our 2018 Summer Seller Update [link].

If you have questions, eBay staff will be available on these boards: [link]. 

Thanks. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

We didn’t even do the guess the date 😩
Not that, that would do anything for the “group home” 😩
This would probably just end with a e*bay s•ucks thread anyway.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I’m just bumping this up.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I haven't even seen it.  I have been trying to stay busy with this whole going it on my own thing with the music repair service since the place I worked for went out of business....

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I would check it out. Don’t want you to get blind sided by it. They are throwing in some Free Returns etc...
I’m not sure what categories had to change to that on June 1st. I haven’t looked into it much either because of life.
Hope your repair service is doing well!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

So far, I have been getting some work, I hope it keeps up.  I should start getting my commission from the horn rental company I rep for before long, too, which is about half a monthly paycheck, and considering that I won't be spending 70 dollars a week on gas now, because I won't be driving two hours a day, if I stay fairly busy, I may end up making more on my own than I did when working at the music store... commission should go up a little after this fall, too, as I'm going to have two more schools to service than I did last year, which means more rentals. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Wow, I just went and looked at the summer update... geez.  no returns less than 30 days now.  I can still offer partial refunds, which to me are the same as being extorted, no thank you.  Send me the item back in the same condition as I sent it, and I'll refund minus shipping cost.  UGH.  Looks like most of my music related stuff WILL be moving over to Reverb.com. 

I like the idea of making buyers get an RMA number from me first, but what if they send something back ANYWAY without getting an RMA?  Am I still on the hook for it?  There's ZERO explaination or answer to that question.    And of course, "NO returns" still means you will refund if a buyer pushes the issue....

As far as the shipping stuff goes, I don't see an issue with that.  I nearly always ship the same day since I print my own postage, and I never ship beyond the next day.  So I will be OK there.

I don't see much of anything in inventory optimization that will affect my categories.  But that wouldn't bother me even if there was, I think better sorting ability helps us all. 

Selling metrics, I really pay little attention to.  I have my own products that no one else has for the most part, and they're branded with my name, so I don't have to worry about others walking on much of what I sell as far as competition goes. 

The returns policy changes, though, those are sweeping and HUGE.  We all figured something like this was coming.  And here it is.  I will not remove everything from here at eBay, but it looks like I will be moving the better part of my sales elsewhere.  Too many unknowns NOT answered in the update and it's FAQ's, and I'm frankly NOT willing to "become a victim of eBay" to find out that they're going to be bad for us sellers.... eBay is shooting themselves in the foot in spite of themselves.    They're going to run off a lot more sellers than they already have with this, I'm pretty sure.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Well, I just listed a pair of Converse All Star tennis shoes and discovered that there's no place to put a restocking fee on anymore. I can see where I am shortly going to be done with eBay if they don't do something to make the place more fair to us sellers... all these sweeping changes that all favor the buyer and the seller has pretty much no defense. At least the restock fee could be added to discourage those who might want to "rent" your items for a bit... My stuff I sell all the time is already in my store on Reverb, which is a free feature on Reverb, no extra cost... another advantage they have over eBay. Too bad it's only for music instruments and related items and now they have a vinyl and audio section as well.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Summer-Seller-Update-Reminders-Updates-Coming-Soon/ba-p/...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply