cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question thread: New Messaging experience

We’re introducing a new modern messaging experience in the eBay mobile app specifically. You can learn more about that here, feel free to ask any questions below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between 8 am and 4:00 pm PST on 2.9.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question thread: New Messaging experience

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Yet after 4 yrs ebay still can't put combine shipping on the app, wake up I'm losing sales

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

This one looks like a good change- keeping messages in a text-style flow so it's easier to follow the conversation. Other sites I sell on use a similar format. I hope the implementation is seamless.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Exactly, yet they make dumb changes like expanding the amount of text buyers can leave sellers feedback. Like we all really needed a paragraph of feedback. Yet they haven't figured out how to combine shipping for multiple Qty listings because they don't add in dimensional weight.  So we all get short changed for shipping costs yet ebay still charges us every time we sneeze with all their charges. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@ccstreasure wrote:

Exactly, yet they make dumb changes like expanding the amount of text buyers can leave sellers feedback. Like we all really needed a paragraph of feedback. Yet they haven't figured out how to combine shipping for multiple Qty listings because they don't add in dimensional weight.  So we all get short changed for shipping costs yet ebay still charges us every time we sneeze with all their charges. 

It really is odd how eBay has pushed feedback changes the past couple of years when feedback is so unimportant compared to buyer purchasing experiences with things like shipping and requesting a total through the cart. Lipstick on a pig comes to mind- as does misplaced priorities.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I completely agree! - this should be an easy enhancement for eBay to make. I also hope that eBay will add this helpful feature in the near future. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

My Comment was referring to being able to combine shipping from the app. But while we are on that subject - Why not allow combined shipping on eBay Global shipping as well. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Will we be able to see if a buyer has read our message? 🤞

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

It's about time eBay! 

Can you please consider adding to the desktop messaging the follopwing

Auto Reply

Different Messaging templates

similar to what easy and amazon did, it saves us hours every day and we are able to focus more on listing new items and fulfilling orders much faster and the buyer is happier that they get answers faster and don't feel ignored and the feedback is overall much better.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@itsmrsthrift wrote:

Hi @itsmrsthrift! We're working to get an answer for you and will follow-up as soon as we have a yes or a no. Thanks! 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

What if we don't use the app? 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I reply to sellers using a service provider. What does this mean for me?

Your experience will vary by platform, but messages will come to you in the standard format for your service provider.

Does that mean buyers and sellers will have to grant eBay access to our android or iPhone messaging apps potentially exposing our personal and private non-ebay related text messages for anyone at eBay to read? 

...messages will come to you in the standard format for your service provider...

Please explain.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@itsmrsthrift wrote:

That should have been done from the start. That would also allow CS to see who is telling the truth in regards to messages.

Of course, putting the report button back in would also be a very good change.

@itsmrsthrift wrote:

Hi @itsmrsthrift! The Seller Update team wanted me to let you know that this is not currently in the works but they appreciate the feedback and it's something they may implement at a later time. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply