cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to Stores

We’re excited to announce that you can now add videos to your Storefront and listings to showcase your brand and merchandise. Videos will give you the opportunity to tell your story and show off your products like never before. Additionally, we’ll be increasing the number of listing photos you can upload from 12 to 24—at no extra cost. You can learn more about that here, feel free to review and post any questions you may have below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between today the 28th through Friday the 30th.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Updates to Stores

errrrrr............so the the 12-24 pics is only for stores??????

Does ANYONE have any idea what you are saying?  and you want people to put millions of dollars worth of stuff in your vault? 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

errrrrr............so the the 12-24 pics is only for stores??????

Does ANYONE have any idea what you are saying?  and you want people to put millions of dollars worth of stuff in your vault? 

Hey @dhbookds, you are correct that this is currently for store subscribers.  However, store subscriptions start as low as $4.95 per month.  You can check out more about store levels here. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You're kidding???????............after all that discussion during open......which said it was for all?

I checked the store levels.........see nothing about 24 pictures? 

And what's this "currently"...........the 24 was/isn't supposed to come til "late" fall? 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

seller_update@ebay   

First day of ebay Open, Jamie announced to great fanfare that sellers would be getting 24 photos. We had THREE DAYS of ebay Open, and NO ONE AT EBAY thought to clarify this? To explain that it is SOLELY for Store Sellers? Do you have any idea how many non-store sellers are thinking they've been given a boost to 24 photos? And now you are going to tell them, "No, no, this isn't for you, this is ONLY for store sellers?"

Are you absolutely certain this is only for store sellers? Could you maybe double check that?

Because that is not the impression most people have, and many "influencers" have already announced that ebay is giving everyone 24 photos, based on what was said during ebay Open..

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

You're kidding???????............after all that discussion during open......which said it was for all?

And what's this "currently"...........the 24 was/isn't supposed to come til "late" fall? 

Hey @dhbookds, thanks for the follow up.  You are correct that the change to allow 24 pictures is currently anticipated to become available later this year (probably around November).  So for now, you won't see that info presented when comparing store options.  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

seller_update@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Hey @dhbookds, thanks for the follow up.  You are correct that the change to allow 24 pictures is currently anticipated to become available later this year (probably around November).  So for now, you won't see that info presented when comparing store options.  

in other words............pure obfuscation..............if it wasn't there, why "send" me there with a link?  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@dhbookds  I just went  back and checked and here is exactly word for word what Jamie said in his announcement at Open:

I'm happy to say that sellers can now add up to 24 images to your listings for free. This is double the number of images you had before.

No mention of stores and since *everyone* gets 12 images, that second sentence would absolutely give the impression it applies to everyone.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

seller_update@ebay   

First day of ebay Open, Jamie announced to great fanfare that sellers would be getting 24 photos. We had THREE DAYS of ebay Open, and NO ONE AT EBAY thought to clarify this? To explain that it is SOLELY for Store Sellers? Do you have any idea how many non-store sellers are thinking they've been given a boost to 24 photos? And now you are going to tell them, "No, no, this isn't for you, this is ONLY for store sellers?"

Are you absolutely certain this is only for store sellers? Could you maybe double check that?

Because that is not the impression most people have, and many "influencers" have already announced that ebay is giving everyone 24 photos, based on what was said during ebay Open..

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! We have just received clarification for the new photos feature. This will be available for all sellers, including both store and non-sellers.  

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I sure hope SOMEONE does some research on WHY no one on the seller team knew what was going on....

We depend on you "experts" to know the correct answers on things..........it's VERY disappointing when something like this happens.......

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

seller_update@ebay  That's good news, glad to hear it. Now, can you tell me why the Expert Board could NOT provide the correct information in its initial post? Or even in its response to @dhbookds  And refuses to issue a simply apology for that very large error?

Three days of eBay Open in which ebay execs and employees told us how much they love and respect us, and we can't get a simple apology when it is clearly called for? Not feelin' the love here, ebay, not at all. Nope. Feeling like there was a lot of Talk at ebay Open, but ebay can talk the talk, but not walk the walk.

We come here looking for expert answers, and we end up having to correct the experts! THAT does not build confidence in the platform. Quite the opposite. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

When trying to create a marketing banner using a promotion the following is stated: "Create an order discount, coupon or markdown to add as a banner destination."

Does this mean I can't use a shipping discount promotion? I have a currently running shipping discount promotion and I am unable to select it for the banner. Why?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@vantagevintage wrote:

When trying to create a marketing banner using a promotion the following is stated: "Create an order discount, coupon or markdown to add as a banner destination."

Does this mean I can't use a shipping discount promotion? I have a currently running shipping discount promotion and I am unable to select it for the banner. Why?

Hey @vantagevintage! At this time this is the one promotion that cannot be ran in a marketing banner. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Any chance the ability to use shipping promotions for the banner will be added soon?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone~

We're closing this board from further questions and replies. We will continue to work with our internal teams to make sure outstanding questions are addressed next week. If you have additional questions, please start a new thread and tag the community team.

Have a good weekend!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply