cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Goods Regulatory Requirements

(Disclaimer: If you do not sell goods into the UK, this will not apply to you)

Following the UK’s departure from the EU, the UK now has its own domestic regulations covering most goods previously subject to the EU’s CE marking. The CE marking shows that these products meet EU safety, health or environmental requirements. It’s important you prepare your business for these changes so you can continue to sell your items in the Great Britain (GB) and Northern Ireland (NI) markets. Click on the guide links below to find out more about the UKCA and UKNI product conformity markings:

If you place goods in the EU market, you still need to use the CE marking.

Click on the links below to find out more about the CE product conformity:

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards today the 28th through Friday the 30th.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

What about selling thru GSP or the old/new International shipping page?  Will ebay handle this or do we have to?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

UKCA only applies if you are selling:

• toys
  • pyrotechnics
  • recreational craft and personal watercraft
  • simple pressure vessels
  • electromagnetic compatibility
  • non-automatic weighing instruments
  • measuring instruments
  • measuring container bottles
  • lifts
  • equipment for potentially explosive atmospheres (UKEX)
  • radio equipment
  • pressure equipment
  • personal protective equipment (PPE)
  • gas appliances
  • machinery
  • equipment for use outdoors
  • ecodesign
  • aerosols
  • low voltage electrical equipment

Anything else, you can ignore these requirements.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

After reading through the links, I am still confused. I am not a manufacturer, I am a reseller.  I sell toys that range from used to new and come from multiple European Countries and the US. Does this mean I basically can't sell to the UK anymore as the new items I sell do not have any marking? And what about the used items?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@dreadnought-games wrote:

After reading through the links, I am still confused. I am not a manufacturer, I am a reseller.  I sell toys that range from used to new and come from multiple European Countries and the US. Does this mean I basically can't sell to the UK anymore as the new items I sell do not have any marking? And what about the used items?

Remember a few years ago when eBay said sellers were required to add the California Prop 65 warning, so sellers spent countless hours adding that info to their listings because they didn't know whether or not they needed it and wanted to be safe rather than sorry? Then a few weeks later eBay says, no only manufacturers, etc need to add that info (I can't remember the specific guidelines - does anybody else)?

I wonder if this UK situation is the same. Hopefully eBay can provide more clarity.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

What about selling thru GSP or the old/new International shipping page?  Will ebay handle this or do we have to?

Hi @dhbookds. We still ask that our sellers be familiar with what is allowed to be shipped prior to doing so, however, shipments that may not meet eBay International Shipping requirements for a number of reasons, including but not limited to: overweight, oversize, hazardous, dangerous, or restricted goods. If it is determined that your shipment does not meet the program requirements, the item may be returned to you.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

to be specific:

If you place goods in the EU market, you still need to use the CE marking

Does the seller have to do that or does Ebay do it.

seller_update@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Hi @dhbookds. We still ask that our sellers be familiar with what is allowed to be shipped prior to doing so, however, shipments that may not meet eBay International Shipping requirements for a number of reasons, including but not limited to: overweight, oversize, hazardous, dangerous, or restricted goods. If it is determined that your shipment does not meet the program requirements, the item may be returned to you.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

to be specific:

If you place goods in the EU market, you still need to use the CE marking

Does the seller have to do that or does Ebay do it.

seller_update@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@dhbookds You will still need to do this for now. However, we are exploring ways to do this on behalf of the seller and hope to be able to share more details soon.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@dreadnought-games wrote:

Remember a few years ago when eBay said sellers were required to add the California Prop 65 warning, so sellers spent countless hours adding that info to their listings because they didn't know whether or not they needed it and wanted to be safe rather than sorry? Then a few weeks later eBay says, no only manufacturers, etc need to add that info (I can't remember the specific guidelines - does anybody else)?

I wonder if this UK situation is the same. Hopefully eBay can provide more clarity.

@wastingtime101- agreed.  More clarity is needed.

devon@ebay- thoughts??

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone~

We're closing this board from further questions and replies. We will continue to work with our internal teams to make sure outstanding questions are addressed next week. If you have additional questions, please start a new thread and tag the community team.

Have a good weekend!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply