cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Spring Seller Update Reminder

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello,

Please use this thread if you have any questions or wish to discuss today's announcement

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

Wow some great things coming from Ebay. My biggest concern though is shipping costs. Being on the east coast (Pa) when I shop to the west coast it is insane! I mean some items 50-70 dollars and they are not huge items. Just pictures or figurines that are bigger. Yet I get things from China for a few dollars! I don't get it. I lose so many sales due to high shipping costs. I offer fair prices on items usually 40 dollars or less and can't give free shipping next day because it costs me more then the item and bumping up the cost of the item well hardly seem most customers don't see through that when searching prices.  Maybe Ebay should by a shipping company or set up state offices and do it themselves for less and most everyone would sign on to that or lobby the USPS for a deal like they gave China!

Message 2 of 331
latest reply

Just curious...how is eBay investing in my success as a seller if they are cutting the Top Rated Plus final value fee credits in half, and increasing the final value fees for store subscriptions in qualifying categories? My costs of doing business on eBay will go up, and seller incentives have gone down.

Message 3 of 331
latest reply

Wow!!!!! Is all I can say. Just WOW!

Message 4 of 331
latest reply

Agree...even with Ebay discount on shipping, the cost goes up and up..  Ebay is making money hand over fist with this site... use free shipping for the customer (rite), by the time you factor in the shipping cost to cost of item selling....we arn't going to be able to sell it at all....BUT, looks good for ebay to offer it the base buyer's...the cost of doing business with ebay has gone out of site in the past 12 years I have been selling....

WOW   rite

Message 5 of 331
latest reply

Unreal, who would ever be excited about this update. They make it seem like everyone's ok and can't wait for top rated seller discount to go down. Thanks ebay! Love paying more fees. Amazon is the move 

Message 6 of 331
latest reply

What does customize the days we work mean? 

We are pretty sure we already do that. 

We thought we worked for ourselves.

New rate tables and calendar tool sounds like more computer stuff. Very vague.

We get a sinking feeling when these things come out. 

As others post, it never seems like anything good.

We like selling things.

Really don't enjoy computer work.

Trying to learn to use new tools translates into less time listing.

Message 7 of 331
latest reply

By the time you add up the cost of postage and your fees and also pay pal . By the way, You e-bay own . i am loosing 25% of each sale to just E bay corp. really? 

Message 8 of 331
latest reply

So, I just started back at Ebay after about a 10 year break.  I am not understanding the "why" of removing 3rd party content.  Is it because it doesn't run well on mobiles or something?  I know I'm a post or two behind on this question.

Message 9 of 331
latest reply

Very little incentive now to get shipments out in 1 day or same day. I travel with inventory to get this accomplished at times when I  take a three day or longer weekend.   It's no longer worth it to do so with the meager savings on fees.  Really eBay?  Why keep sabotaging the sellers?  It doesnt make sense. 

I would be for it if I see a marked increase in my sales but as with many corporate changes, they dont benefit the people who do the work.

Message 10 of 331
latest reply

Wait a minute.... we are being punished 4% for not meeting the e-bay minimum performance standards..? I'm not really complaining because im a TRS and I always following their performance standards but that just seem extremly unfair to smaller sellers. 

So essentially, they are shrinking the TRS benefits + taking away incentives for sellers to exceed performance standards... making it harder for smaller sellers to sell + make money + become better sellers because of less visibility as compared to bigger sellers..

All this will do is push all the smaller sellers + community out of eBay and only allow the bigger sellers to stay. And they wonder why Amazon is winning lol, no protection on the sellers part. 

Message 11 of 331
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindyslucky wrote:

What does customize the days we work mean? 

We are pretty sure we already do that. 

We thought we worked for ourselves.

New rate tables and calendar tool sounds like more computer stuff. Very vague.

We get a sinking feeling when these things come out. 

As others post, it never seems like anything good.

We like selling things.

Really don't enjoy computer work.

Trying to learn to use new tools translates into less time listing.

Hi @lindyslucky - We definitely don't want your job to be any harder which is why we're introducing these new tools. They'll be able to help you customize costs and your shipping times. Check out: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/shipping-tools.html for more info on what these tools will be able to provide. Give them a try when they're available and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions then!

Message 12 of 331
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@path1964 wrote:

So, I just started back at Ebay after about a 10 year break.  I am not understanding the "why" of removing 3rd party content.  Is it because it doesn't run well on mobiles or something?  I know I'm a post or two behind on this question.

Hi @backyard_finds! Are you referring to the update regarding us removing third-party product listings ads or Active Content? If it's in reference to the ads we're removing, we're doing this to help provide sellers more opportunity to get added visibility for items. It's a great chance to advertise your items in place of those. 

For info on Active Content, please visit: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/itemdescription/bestpractices.html#why 

Message 13 of 331
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miss_minutes wrote:

Wait a minute.... we are being punished 4% for not meeting the e-bay minimum performance standards..? I'm not really complaining because im a TRS and I always following their performance standards but that just seem extremly unfair to smaller sellers. 

Hi @miss_minutes - All sellers are held to the same expectations when it comes to their Seller Performance. If the minimum requirements aren't being met, there's a possibility that bad experiences have been or are being created for buyers. Thank you so much for being a TRS and for all the hard work you do! This change will help motivate sellers who aren't meeting the minimum requirements to make improvements and potentially get to that same accomplishment. 

Message 14 of 331
latest reply

Hello Heidi, I was referring to the active content removal.  I did use a youtube video once to better explain and show the product I was selling - no not an ad, it was an older printer.  I wouldn't want ads in listings.  The video I could see coming in handy here and there for a listing.  But, overall just wondering about why the removal of "Active Content" that are not ads. Thanks so much.

Message 15 of 331
latest reply