2017 Fall Seller Update & User Agreement Changes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a new Discussion
Board Closing 10/20
Board Closing 10/20
Hi all, Traffic and engagement on this board have reduced to almost zero. For that reason, we're going to close this dedicated discussion board at the...
Seller Update Resources
Seller Update Resources
Hi Community, This morning we announced our 2017 Fall Seller Update. Please use this board to chat with other sellers and eBay staff to get your quest...
Opting in for free returns
Opting in for free returns
I have a question on your new program for opting into the guaranteed delivery. As far as having to offer free returns, can you offer free return and s...
Can my photos be copied?
Can my photos be copied?
I have a quick question. I see you are wanting all watermarks removed from photosSo I will start removing mine tomorrow. My question is if I have had ...
No watermarks on photos?
No watermarks on photos?
eBay seller update says no watermarks will be allowed on photos. What about those of us who sell images? I sell identified antique photos and before I...
HTTPS... are you serious?
HTTPS... are you serious?
I mean come on... How many sellers use images in their listings? Tons of them do!!!! Now you're saying they all have to use images hosted on a secured...
Restocking fees going away?
Restocking fees going away?
In 2018, restocking fees will no longer be available when you offer free returns.Would this also be applied to buyer's remorse ? and I thought the res...
50% refunds for returned damaged goods 2017 Fall Seller update
50% refunds for returned damaged goods 2017 Fall Seller update
Are we expected to offer up to 50% refunds for merchandise that is returned damaged? Is that what this seller update is saying?
Single Quantity Promoted Listings
Single Quantity Promoted Listings
I realize a number of factors are used by ebay to determine placement of promoted listings. I use them for single quantity items. I generally see a pr...
Board Closing 10/20
Board Closing 10/20
Hi all, Traffic and engagement on this board have reduced to almost zero. For that reason, we're going to close this dedicated discussion board at the...
Clarification on what constitutes context of buying and selling outside eBay
Clarification on what constitutes context of buying and selling outside eBay
The policy says "Sellers are liable for final value fees if they offer or reference their contact information, or ask for a buyer's contact informatio...
I Love My Free Returns Policy!
I Love My Free Returns Policy!
On 1/1/14 I made a huge change to my business model. I embraced a Free Return business model! Returns accepted for ANY reason!Returns are ALWAYS "sell...
What constitutes an image watermark?
What constitutes an image watermark?
What, exactly, is an image watermark? Does it include a copyright line on the image? Does it include a user name or company name on the image? Current...
2017 Fall Seller Update Discussion....your thoughts?
2017 Fall Seller Update Discussion....your thoughts?
Howdy, There seems to be a barrage of updates this year....I'm having a hard time keeping up. I am concerned about the coming product identifiers requ...
Watermarks
Watermarks
We don't use watermarks so this doesn't affect us personally: Effective March 1, 2018, eBay will prohibit watermarks on images and you should begin re...
Partial Refund
Partial Refund
The main announcemtn says: "Starting Fall 2017, you will have added protection when you offer free returns. You can refund up to 50% of the item price...
I am NOT trying to do an OFF eBay deal. Will eBay & its new User Agreement think otherwise?
I am NOT trying to do an OFF eBay deal. Will eBay & its new User Agreement think otherwise?
People, I just thought of something that really upsets me as an eBay buyer and this is NOT even attempting to try and do an eBay deal OFF eBay whatsoe...
Have the "blues" abandoned this board? We need answers, please!
Have the "blues" abandoned this board? We need answers, please!
Member are feeling abandoned by ebay here. No ebay staff responding to questions. Why not? Appears we are once again being treated as "noise" instead ...
No More Watermarks - 2017 Fall Update announced
No More Watermarks - 2017 Fall Update announced
No More Watermarks - 2017 Fall Update announcedAccording to the 2017 Fall Update, sellers will no longer be allowed to use watermarks of any kind on t...
So, how do I have THIS in a seller to buyer message?
So, how do I have THIS in a seller to buyer message?
Can anyone riddle me this?  
I might be done here.
I might be done here.
Too many changes, and not getting correct information . No one really knows how things will , or are supposed to work. You ask a question, and NEVER g...
Watermark Removal Tool? Suggestions?
Watermark Removal Tool? Suggestions?
The only thing that took me by surprise in the Fall Update was the "No Watermarks" policy. Does anybody have any idea if there is a tool available som...
are the new changes to Ebay policy even LEGAL?
are the new changes to Ebay policy even LEGAL?
My comment is about Ebay's new policy about final value fees being charged if an item is not sold when taken outside Ebay. I constantly get buyers ask...
I am longer able to add photos from my phone.
I am longer able to add photos from my phone.
This new configuration is such a bad idea. have been hearing that the classic view is done.Any suggestions????
Ummm, did anyone currently read the new policy on watermarking?
Ummm, did anyone currently read the new policy on watermarking?
Ok. I'm all for changes, but this is getting to be abit ridiculous. I'm trying to revise all of my listings to be template compliant, ontop of followi...
Reminder to remove off-eBay contact info and links
Reminder to remove off-eBay contact info and links
Yes, it will soon be evil to include links to off-eBay. I get that. I won't be doing it anymore; I get that too. However, I use one type of off-eBay l...
Markdown Manager Change
Markdown Manager Change
Per the Announcement: "We've integrated Markdown Manager into Promotions Manager to create a streamlined marketing tool. In Fall 2017, you will be abl...
Has the entire "print on demand" T-shirt industry just been put out of business on eBay????
Has the entire "print on demand" T-shirt industry just been put out of business on eBay????
Was I, and perhaps the entire print on demand t-shirt business, just put out of business on eBay?"We consider a watermark to be a picture, an icon, a ...
No More Photos-In-Descriptions via API?
No More Photos-In-Descriptions via API?
Anyone else is having issues adding photo photos to escriptions via API?
2018 Update, What if my relist item is not in the eBay catalog?
2018 Update, What if my relist item is not in the eBay catalog?
Yo, I have listings that are not included in the eBay catalog. These listings have the MPN and Brand fields filled out with the appropriate informatio...
ebay user agreement updates
ebay user agreement updates
I received a email announcement that the USER agreement is being updated.It offers me to look at the agreement. BUT, it does not tell me where or how ...
Selling items outside of ebay & being charged falsely by ebay
Selling items outside of ebay & being charged falsely by ebay
eBay,Its been my documented observation, that :1. Thousands of users have their phone #'s in their ads2. " " " " " email address " " "\3. Antiques of ...
Start a new Discussion

About this Board

Have questions or feedback related to the 2017 Fall Seller Update? Use this board to chat with other sellers and eBay staff to get your questions answered.

Most Helpful Authors