cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Seller Hub replace Selling Manager Pro summary page?

I asked this question on the help forums during the last update and was told a definitive no. But the language in the new update seems to suggest that Seller Hub will replace, not supplement the old seller hub.

I'm asking this specificially because I love the "Selling Manager Pro Summary" page. It's an essential part of how I do business and I'm concerned that I may no longer be able to access it in its current form after Seller Hub comes out. Will Selling Manager Pro and the Selling Manager Pro Summary page be phased out or exist alongside the Seller Hub section? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Any response from the ebay team?
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@njrtsr wrote:
Any response from the ebay team?

Perhaps if you are an Anchor store you can get the number & call.
Maybe a better chance of getting an answerSmiley Happy
they seem to be skipping you for some reason

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

For what it's worth, I'm referring to the answer I received here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2015-Fall-Seller-Update/After-the-new-Seller-Hub-comes-out/m-p/24476266

when I asked the same question half a year ago. Is this still the case, will I still have access to the Selling Manager Pro Summary page in its current form after Seller Hub rolls out?
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Seller Hub will be made available to sellers this summer. Sellers that subscribe to Selling Manager Pro will have the full functionality of SMP included in their Seller Hub Overview page, which we are continuing to improve over the course of the year.  Sellers will still have the option to return to their previous tool (like Selling Manager Pro) by opting out of Seller Hub.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Ok, so it sounds like I can opt out of Seller Hub after it rolls out if I prefer SMP (at least for now). That's good! Hopefully ebay doesn't "retire" SMP in a future update as they've done with other tools in the past when they were no longer in vogue.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@chfries wrote:

Seller Hub will be made available to sellers this summer. Sellers that subscribe to Selling Manager Pro will have the full functionality of SMP included in their Seller Hub Overview page, which we are continuing to improve over the course of the year.  Sellers will still have the option to return to their previous tool (like Selling Manager Pro) by opting out of Seller Hub.

So why are we going to be defaulted into it just so we can opt out?

As per the update it will be the default

Doesn't make a lot of sense

This summer, Seller Hub will be available to all sellers and will become the default tool for managing your listings on eBay. If you want early access to Seller Hub, join the waitlist today

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

If I have already made the choice NOT to join the seller Hub....why would they force me into it?  my Hubby is 71 years old and handles 50% of our business, He cannot adjust to these new pages.  Why take away what is working fine?  Why make an old man go through hoops to get his work done?

Life is Short---Drink Coffee First
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have been running the Seller Hub beta with US sellers who have opted-in since late 2015 and we have received over 8000 pieces of feedback from sellers which the product team reviews daily. During that time we have been constantly listening to the community and making improvements on the experience based on community input. We will continue to do so going forward. The good news is that the majority of sellers who have tried the experience have made it their primary tool. Part of that feedback also has been that some sellers still have some things they can only do in SM/SMPro or they prefer the way things work there so we won't prevent sellers from going back to those tools if they do not yet feel Seller Hub is right for them.

That said, Seller Hub is where we are investing going forward and it will continue to get simpler AND more powerful to help our sellers start, manage and grow their business on eBay.

For more discussion on Seller Hub beta, feel free to join in the conversation at https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/bd-p/SellerHub

Keep the feedback coming!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

So you're now saying that you WILL phase it out in the future? Just peachy.

Don't "streamline" it. Don't "retire" it. Don't "improve" it. Don't do whatever buzzwordy thing you do to get rid of features to it. Please! I would even pay a small monthly fee for it, it helps me manage my business that much.

The Seller Hub just appears to be a dumbed-down version with less information, designed to work on mobile devices. Not a full-fledged desktop program for a serious workstation.

Selling Manager Pro Summary is great just the way it is. I don't want or need my main selling page to be "more simple"!
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@Anonymous
You only allowed a small amount of invited sellers & have a waitlist
So with that being said how many are using seller hub & how big is the majority that liike it?
Seems it should be tested on the entire selling community and then let the majority rule.

And so are you saying for now smp & Selling manager stay? Meaning going forward they will be gone ?
ebay sure doesn't every just come out & answer direct do they? 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I loath the seller hub. Opted out. I'll never understand why eBay continues to create new features without fixing glitchy elements like the standard listing tool and bulk listing tool. Both have been inefficient and problematic for years! A small amount of testing and a bit of corrected code would fix the aforementioned tools yet eBay seems to like to create new, typically unnecessary tools, instead of correcting what needs correcting. 

When I list on Etsy I can build a listing from scratch faster than I can create a "sell similar" listing on eBay. That's why I've been putting all my vintage items on Etsy. The following months I'm focusing on Amazon for the new product I've begun sourcing. I'll only use eBay to dump stuff that I wouldn't sell on those platforms. Don't get me wrong the stuff I'll sell on eBay is nice and I want my buyers to have the best buying experience they've ever had but I will not replace items I sell out of on eBay with more. eBay's abysmal customer service is why I'm leaving. Nonetheless please fix what's broken on eBay for those that want to continue selling here.

ES

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I will tell you that I have opted in and opted out a few times. Every time, my listings seem to lose steam and drop off the face of the earth. In June of last year I was in seller's hub and my sales were 25 percent less than the rest of my year. Opted back out and they returned to normal. But....things that I created in Seller's Hub did not do well after I switched back. There are some type of issues with switching back and forth. As of January 2, I switched to Seller's Hub. I did this because if they are fixing bugs...they are focusing on Seller's hub. Just like when they switched to the new store formats. They are not going to worry about the other programs....they are going to optimize the format they want you to use. So to get the least amount of glitches, mostly having to do with policies and such, I am switching and staying in the hub. Soon I will completely opt out of Selling Manager Pro because I fear the old links to the SMP inventory will hinder my listings depending on when they were made.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply