cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the missed opportunity between Premium & Anchor - there is a chasm there where lost sales go

Seems that Ebay is chosing to not address the missed opportunities for all in the huge divide between Premium & Anchor stores ~  ~ obviously some strategy at play... as there is enough encouragement from Community for it... curious

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Where's the missed opportunity between Premium & Anchor - there is a chasm there where lost sales go

@wurldwide wrote:

Seems that Ebay is chosing to not address the missed opportunities for all in the huge divide between Premium & Anchor stores ~  ~ obviously some strategy at play... as there is enough encouragement from Community for it... curious

There is a strategy at play, hope that the sellers with the premium stores pay the extra $.10 listing fee for all the listings in between or step up and commit to an Anchor store which is what Ebay would love. !!!

So now if you were normally at 2500 listings and downgrade to a Premium Store your cost just went from $179.99 to $209.99 so a nice 16.67% increase when inflation is running zero according to the government when calculating Social Security Increases.  After 2500 listings is where you have to basically make the choice and probably make the jump up to the Anchor Store as the other 7500 listings are only going to run another $90 but if you were to post another 1000 (so 3500) on a Premium store the cost would exceed the cost of an Anchor Store.

Many people are not going to look at it that way and will wind up paying more than the $299.99 a month because they feel they don't need the 10,000 that the anchor store provides.  This is, at least in my opinion, why Ebay is not offering an in between store, a chance to pick up additional revenue which they are in dire need of.  My guess is they already know they are going to have a 5th straight quarter of declining previous yr quarter revenue vs current yr quarter revenue so this is intended to spike revenues immediately to try and show Wall Street that they have turned things around.  But again, the lack of having ever worked in the trenches will work against them when sales start dropping as sellers leave Anchor Stores for Premium and don't spend the extra money for listings and then also buy less because they don;t have the money.  A double Whammy !!!

David

Twnpopcards

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hey very succinct ~ I found the #'s on store Vs store very enlightening.

Here's some more curious for you... my question / this question you responded to on the board has been scrubbed from my community profile landing page that I see - it's not in my latest posts - it was the day I posted at least, but not now, and when I search the board for my store name it shows other posts but not this question, and  so I have to go to the spring announcement page click on the "special board" link and search my name to come back here and see if anyone replied - and only one reply as well - seems as though it got disappeared or maybe it's just a special board that doesn't get recorded in your posts (after the first day) 

curiouser & curiouser 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@wurldwide wrote:

Hey very succinct ~ I found the #'s on store Vs store very enlightening.

Here's some more curious for you... my question / this question you responded to on the board has been scrubbed from my community profile landing page that I see - it's not in my latest posts - it was the day I posted at least, but not now, and when I search the board for my store name it shows other posts but not this question, and  so I have to go to the spring announcement page click on the "special board" link and search my name to come back here and see if anyone replied - and only one reply as well - seems as though it got disappeared or maybe it's just a special board that doesn't get recorded in your posts (after the first day) 

curiouser & curiouser 

@wurldwide

I'm not sure I really understand your question but if you are saying your comments about the spring seller update that you had in a different folder before they opened this folder are gone, Griff probably moved it to this folder which is what Ebay always does.  During the rest of the year the Lithium Mods make those moves, howver when the Spring and Fall updates occur the Blues make the moves and put any question related to the most recent update in the Update folder.  

If that is what you are talking about then I gather you found what you were looking for.  If not please give me further information so I can try and help you further.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hey there, no question friend, just saying that the day I made the post to the 2016 update community board it was showing under my "latest posts" (above kudo'd posts etc on my community summary page) as all normal community board posts do, since then I can't find my post in my "lastest posts" list that shows every post to the community boards organized by date - apparently they keep the two boards separate and the 2016 update board is "special" and does not show up under all my posts - it's like I never wrote it - have to specifically go to the 2016 update board, search for my store name and then I can see my post - just thought this curious as it did originally show in the list of all my posts (that shows all posts since the beginning of time), and wondered if the topic was too taboo to have others discuss or if your insight was so profound they had to hide it....

anyway thanks again for the break down in #'s; store vs store - all the best 2 U

Message 5 of 5
latest reply