cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free lisings offers

I have been a member since 1998 and upload new listings every day.  Why am I not getting free promotion offers, only for favorite sellers?  I do have a store and getting fed up with ebay practices.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Free lisings offers

I have not gotten one since the end of January. I wonder what is going on as well....

REGARDS

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

I'm in the same boat. You're not alone.
Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

Hi, are you a Premium store?  I get freebies all the time as a Premium store.  Obviously, there's a monthly fee and it's going up on May 1st.  No surprise there w/all the changes coming along.   I may go back to a "Basic" store (less freebies).   Check into the new Fees - you may want to consider this.  God bless!

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

Sellers have asked for more insertion fees, and we've listened. The allotment of stores insertion fees have increased to allow sellers more consistency and to better prepare their monthly listings, without needing to wait for free listing offers. We hope one of the store levels works for your listing needs. 

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

Sellers have asked for more insertion fees

I think you mean more free listings? 

The allotment of stores insertion fees

Free store listings?

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

Your advise is appreciated, but I've run the calculations and so have 2 reps from eBay. I do better without a store (at any level). I know eBay would love everyone to sign up and lock in a monthly fee. Spring is the down time in sales as everyone is recovering from Christmas. This should be the time that eBay HELPS their top rated sellers. I've gone an entire month without any promotional offers. What's the point of being a top rated seller if there aren't even the slightest perks? Please don't say buyers will buy more from you. If you have an item they want at the right price, they aren't going to care...

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

@good_buys wrote:

I have been a member since 1998 and upload new listings every day.  Why am I not getting free promotion offers, only for favorite sellers?  I do have a store and getting fed up with ebay practices.

I think the days of the free listings that Ebay committed to give in place of the 10% FVF on shipping are all but gone.  I believe they have taken those "free" listings" and added them to the Anchor Stores since they will now have 10,000 free listings per month.  The monthly increase in fees is really more to cover the cost of access to the "best" customer service reps ebay has via a special number.  Ebay asked long ago about what people thought about paying to access customer service and now we know what they were thinking.  At this point it is only for the Anchor Stores but if that works it will be for the other stores down the road also.  Just another way for Ebay to increase the bottom line as they need to do for their stock price.  

These changes do show that they really no longer want the small companies and mom and pops that made them a big company in the first place.  They feel they have outgrown us and now want the big guys and big stores around and that is how these changes will play out.  I will continue my month to month premium store for now, but will not list anything over the 1000 listings each month as I refuse to give Ebay 1 penny more than I have to unless it is for a sale.  

Ebay is hoping this is going to grow their revenue stream again, but I think they are going to be in for a shock at how many Anchor Stores drop the program and downgrade to a Premium Store.  Once again the MBA's that do not have any experience in the real world of business other than stepping into an upper level management position are going to make changes that I think will cost them even more revenue, but I could be wrong, especially now that the Chinese jewelry that is **bleep** will be allowed to be listed as Fine Jewelry.  I am sure glad I do not ever buy anything like that on Ebay, and even happier I do not sell in that category as it is going to so flooded with lower end items that the nice stuff will get totally lost.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

Same here. Nothing since Jan, and I'm Top Rated (big deal). I'm not a store. I called Cust Serv and they claim listing promos haven't gone away, just doing all at random. I think it's BS to get us to become a "store". Especially now at a much higher price. Fat chance.
Message 9 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

Same boat. Top rated, but not a store. Called Cust Serv & they claim listing promos have not gone away, just doing them at random. I think it's BS. They want everyone to be a store, and the small sellers for whom it doesn't work are low on their priority list. They don't care about mom n pop businesses, never have. Delusions of grandeur since the days of Pierre Omidyar, who started eBay on the premise of person to person sales, and knew our value.
Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

@alexnbj wrote:
Same boat. Top rated, but not a store. Called Cust Serv & they claim listing promos have not gone away, just doing them at random. I think it's BS. They want everyone to be a store, and the small sellers for whom it doesn't work are low on their priority list. They don't care about mom n pop businesses, never have. Delusions of grandeur since the days of Pierre Omidyar, who started eBay on the premise of person to person sales, and knew our value.

Here is the answer I got when I posed that question.  Check the link

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2016-Spring-Seller-Update/Seller-fees/m-p/25408027#M138

The promise of free listings in exchange for the 10% FVF on shipping seems to now be off the table.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

Can you please reference where this statement was made? Please feel free to email sellergtm@ebay.com or post directly to this thread. Thanks again for being an eBay seller!

-Jessie

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

Same here.  

I used to be a power seller and a top rated seller but that's gone by the wayside.  The free listings offers were very helpful in boosting my sales, but now they're down 98% and probably will never recover as I'm being fee'd and policied out of business on ebay.  I think ebay got so focused on the buyers that they forgot that it's us sellers that actually make them the $$$.  The more they abuse us with taking promotions away and making their policies less seller friendly, the less money they're actually going to make.  Bad business decisions are going to bankrupt ebay in a matter of time.  Sad to see them shooting themselves in the foot needlessly!

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

@jessiebeez wrote:

Can you please reference where this statement was made? Please feel free to email sellergtm@ebay.com or post directly to this thread. Thanks again for being an eBay seller!

-Jessie

@jessiebeez

Unfortunately dates do not stick with me anymore, however the time frame was in 2010 / 2011 and was when Ebay instituted the 10% FVF on shipping charges.  The deal that was presented at the time was there would be more free listings as an offset to this fee.  I understand the need for the FVF on the shipping fees because sellers were charging $.01 for an item and $19.99 shipping so that Ebay was losing their share of the revenue stream. 

But the sellers have been backing all the complaints about this by newer sellers by informing them that the deal was the additional free listings.  Those seem to have suddenly disappeared and now the Anchor store has 10000 listings from 2500 and the free listings have pretty much dried up since February.  So it appears that this is the new strategy but all of the sellers now pay for it instead of everybody benefiting.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Free lisings offers

jessiebeez------I think you got that all wrong....sellers have NOT asked for more insertion fees.   You are totally out of touch with sellers.

Life is Short---Drink Coffee First
Message 15 of 38
latest reply