cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free lisings offers

I have been a member since 1998 and upload new listings every day.  Why am I not getting free promotion offers, only for favorite sellers?  I do have a store and getting fed up with ebay practices.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Free lisings offers

It doesn't matter how many free listings you give us if things continue to not sell due to the rolling blackout that eBay imposes. I have a store and I have never seen sales so slow at any time of the year. And now eBay is raising the monthly rate for stores and no small amount. The free listings and so called perks don't make up for, or exceed as eBay states, the increase. EBay needs to fix its Cassinni search engine problem, end the rolling blackouts, stop making special concessions to the Chinese and smooth things over with Google so it can get back in the game before it's too late.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@jimsgemsjewelry wrote:

It doesn't matter how many free listings you give us if things continue to not sell due to the rolling blackout that eBay imposes. I have a store and I have never seen sales so slow at any time of the year. And now eBay is raising the monthly rate for stores and no small amount. The free listings and so called perks don't make up for, or exceed as eBay states, the increase. EBay needs to fix its Cassinni search engine problem, end the rolling blackouts, stop making special concessions to the Chinese and smooth things over with Google so it can get back in the game before it's too late.

Traffic is at an all time low which I am sure is a big part of the reason sales are so slow.  I don't believe that Ebay is doing rolling blackouts as that is detrimental to their needs, which is FVF from sales.  However that being said, Ebay does need to get some programmers on board who can make their programs work because everytime they change something they cause another area to have a hiccup.  Now its Ebays email where you try to answer a question or respond to an offer and you cannot access the email because that area now has a problem.  This has been going on for over a week and still its not fixed.  They also need to fix the Cassini search engine and as you say make nice with Google so that Ebay is not always listed on the 2nd or later pages for items searched.  

Again it comes down to allowing the Chinese to sell all the fake items as well as others and Google does not like their customers being taken down the road.  But Ebay is so desperate for the revenue increases that they will not punish any "big" seller, just the little guys since that has no major effect on the bottom line.  

Eventually they will see that it has been all these little guys who have kept Ebay in business not only as sellers but also as buyers, but by then it may be to late.  If their stock price does not increase soon another company is going to swoop in and buy Ebay out and take over the company which means most of the executives will be out of a job.

Things do need to change, but Ebay keeps changing everything but the areas that really do need changing.  

David

Twnpopcards

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

What eBay doesn't get is that it's the little sellers that are the BUYERS!    You make all your sellers mad and you've lost a large part of active customer base.  Besides that you've lost diversity of goods offered.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

you've never listened to my needs.
first, they aren't free. we pay for them.
second, why is it someone with a free account can use their "free" listings as auction, BIN, etc in any category, but i pay and get restrictions?
my store sales went into the toilet (and stayed there) when you took away the ability for me to use my pre-paid insertions however i chose.

ebay doesn't listen
This type of thinking (Could do us in) - Chevelle
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

Thank you for responding. But Ebay Did NOT listen. We were not given more free listings. How can you justify adding more listings, then yank up prices? Ebay only offset the free listings by higher store prices. I was teetering on opening a basic store. But with the price hike, that thought went out the window.  My items don't sell enough to justify the OLD store price. If items sold decently, I'd be glad to pay for a store.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

i have been in sales for over 45 years both inside a family business and my own.  one thing i have gathered from my own experience.  ebay is not going to go away.  i dont believe that sellers are gona go away in droves as so many state.  with ebay, i can have a business.  its different then having a physical store, but i will tell you right now if you compare overhead you will find that ebay is a lot more cheaper.  

there is no such thing as a free ride when it comes to being a seller anywhere you go. online selling is a bit different but the concept is still the same. ebay or amazon or shopify or bonanza whatever or wherever there will be fees. owning a store. i have a premium store. its good enough for me. as far as getting discounts here if you do this over there, that doesnt exist.  include shipping charges with your selling price or starting bid to reduce fee. not a chance. your fvf just went up. no savings.  these fees are important. they do serve their pupose. if you really take a look at what ebays does and how these fees affect each thing, then you can realize that is nothing compared to owning a store.  shipping buy your own printer, wow save on labels and postage.  guess what???? printers break down and you have to buy ink.  i will keep the old fashioned post office way thank you. if it ever came down to the face that i may some day have to at it like that then i will worry bout that when i have to cross that bridge, and it would have to be due to the fact that i cannot drive to the post office anymore. i could go on with a lot more things.  one thing i do believe that  is ebay can still do a lot better.  the stores are a joke the way they are laid out i will admit to that.  i get 500 (supposedly which i dont see it this way) free auction listings a month and 1,000 for the BIN.  however thats not true its not free there is a hook in there, but the thing is what i dont see is why the minimum of 500 auction vs 1000 BIN cannot be equal.  truly amazes me.  to own ones website is hard i have done it and it costs, and got to know how to market, and you will not have the exposure that ebay already has.  so all in all it doesnt matter, i will stick with ebay with the good and the bad.  nothing is perfect in a imperfect world.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

I had one promotion last month. I feel we all pay according to our sales and budget and it is unfortunate that we are not all treated equal in eBay's eyes. Like any brick and mortar store, they should treat each of us equally the same.

Susie
Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Yes, as it goes....every great empire can fall...
Susie
Message 38 of 38
latest reply