cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Listing

What happened to free listings?  In the past there were always promotions and now they are obsolete. Last month there was not one.  Ebay would still make money on what we are selling?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Free Listing

@triggersonedog wrote:

What happened to free listings?  In the past there were always promotions and now they are obsolete. Last month there was not one.  Ebay would still make money on what we are selling?

@triggersonedog

The topic is basically being avoided so I am guessing the days of getting 1000-2000 free listings per month are gone.  Ebay wants you to step up and buy a store as they need to increase their revenues and having a set monthly fee helps considerably.  At this point in time I would not count on seeing any further, or if they do some, very limited quantities and/or categories being available.

Ebay did have a free listing come out around the April 2 but it was for a very limited number of sellers and was only good for 1000 auction style listings in the fashion and collectible categories.  I sell collectibles but did not receive the offer so I am speculating that these were sent to sellers who do not normally sell in those categories to try and get them to expand their business a bit.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Free Listing

@triggersonedog wrote:

But NOT enough money to give the eBay stock holders the new Leer jet they've been eying. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Free Listing

The question was asked and answered in today's chat.  Apparently they will be few and far between.  Go read the answer there.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Free Listing

Ebay did have a free listing come out around the April 2 but it was for a very limited number of sellers and was only good for 1000 auction style listings in the fashion and collectible categories.  I sell collectibles but did not receive the offer so I am speculating that these were sent to sellers who do not normally sell in those categories to try and get them to expand their business a bit.

David

Twnpopcards

I sell exclusively in collectibles, and I did get the 1000 auction offer.  I have no idea what eBay's criteria is to determine who gets those offers.

A few years ago I would have been estatic with 1000 free auction listings.  Sadly, auctions are pretty dead, so while I will probably use some, it won't be 1000.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Free Listing

@dk0 wrote:

David

Twnpopcards

I sell exclusively in collectibles, and I did get the 1000 auction offer.  I have no idea what eBay's criteria is to determine who gets those offers.

A few years ago I would have been estatic with 1000 free auction listings.  Sadly, auctions are pretty dead, so while I will probably use some, it won't be 1000.

I doubt that they could tell you what the criteria are.  I am sure my comments about this new Sellers update will not help my status for freebies:XX

David

Twnpopcards

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Free Listing

twnpopcards wrote
I doubt that they could tell you what the criteria are.  I am sure my comments about this new Sellers update will not help my status for freebies:XX

David

Twnpopcards

Ha!  I don't think they keep a "naughty list" of who should and shouldn't get the free listing offers based on DB comments.  But I did see a link to a post by Griff that said to expect fewer listing promos in the short term.

Which does make some sense, because if they're going to jack up the store prices, only to continue givng away free listings by the thousand, sellers don't have any incentive to stick with their current store level.  I think a lot of sellers will downgrade while they can and wait eBay out to see if the free listing promotions start up again in a new months.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Free Listing

@dk0 wrote:

twnpopcards wrote

David

Twnpopcards

Ha!  I don't think they keep a "naughty list" of who should and shouldn't get the free listing offers based on DB comments.  But I did see a link to a post by Griff that said to expect fewer listing promos in the short term.

Which does make some sense, because if they're going to jack up the store prices, only to continue givng away free listings by the thousand, sellers don't have any incentive to stick with their current store level.  I think a lot of sellers will downgrade while they can and wait eBay out to see if the free listing promotions start up again in a new months.

With traffic on this site as slow as it is I think Ebay is going to have more downgrades in store sizes than upgrades so the net effect will be lower fixed income.  If an anchor store downgrades now to a premium store and skips the extra listings ( which many will do) the savings is $120 per month.  If the anchor store keeps the anchor store with the 10,000 listings which very few can manage the fee increases $120 per month.  So I am banking that more will downgrade than remain the same.

Also those stores with the 10,000 listings are really going to have to watch their duplications now and out of stocks as its very easy to suddenly jump up in listings and then lose control of the inventory because you just do not have enough time and with fees going up its hard to justify another person to help out.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 8 of 8
latest reply