Prolonged Case Hold & Misinformation
Hi all, hope you’re doing well. This is my first time on these forums and this is my last resort for my case.
Long story short, I sold a pair of authentic designer shades in a bundle of two. A day after delivery to the buyer, they file a INAD return claiming they’re not authentic. Despite the documentation and information I’ve given to eBay proving the authenticity, it was all just disregarded and the system disregarded it all and just lead me to a refund screen and get the return process going. Not only that, the buyer was extremely unprofessional, writing me paragraphs of hostile comments and lying in his review about our contact to make me seem worse (eBay took down the review after seeing that he lied about our contact in the review).
Fast forward, the label is sent out and the items come back.. I was out of town for the holidays, so I didn’t get to the returned package till about three days later. Upon opening it, the glasses leg hinges were loose, and I was missing a cleaning cloth which is detrimental in these specific designer pairs because the cloth alone can go up to $100-200 because of the fabric it’s made with, so if I were to even re-list, I was already at a loss with the incurred damage and missing items.
I called eBay immediately and explained everything, and the representative told me to file a claim under “received wrong itemâ€, which later lead me to fill out a declaration form etc..
After that was handed in and I got a response saying that after the signed form was received and all details were reviewed, that the case was going to turn in my favor and that within 24-48 hrs the funds will be released and all will be well.
That was December 29th, I emailed immediately after it struck a little after 48 hours, and was told “This case is currently being reviewed by our specialist team as the high value involved in this transaction. We will update you once we’ve reviewed the details of the case.†So about a day after that follow up email, I decided to give eBay a call again where the representative specifically told me that I was “given misinformation†in regards to the initial outcome of my case.
As much as the circumstances sucked, I waited it out and sent another follow up email on January 4th, thoroughly and kindly explaining that the case was impacting me financially and that I’d be receiving much less (hundreds of dollars) when I re-list due to the item being designer and the better condition / what it includes maximizes profits.
I was replied to on January 5th where I was again told that after careful review, they’ve turned the case into my favor, and that within 48-72 hours, I’ll be seeing the funds clear and ready to be sent as a payout.
As you can probably guess, it went over 72 hours and the case was still on hold, as well as the funds... I’m writing this out of frustration, i am quite literally being given the run-around and being told false information by representatives of eBay.
Other than another follow up email.. what is there left to do about this??
ed8108
·9 months agoDon't give up.
Fight,fight,fight.
kensgiftshop
·9 months agoYour listing doesn't say anything about a cloth being included.
If you got the glasses back, the buyer gets a refund.
meme6253
·9 months agoI'm afraid that you have done all that you can, Besides trying to follow up with them again, Sometimes the customer service person you get will tell you anything just to get you off the phone & they don't have any authority to actually do anything, So try again & I Hope you get the right person to Help you this time!, These are the gambles we take when selling on line.
kibble-net
·9 months agoUnfortunately this is a risk that comes with selling. You'll have to resell this item as used, or new in open box incomplete.
My advice to you is to get as much as you can IN WRITING. And maybe lawyer up. Whether that is worthwhile financially to you, is up to you to decide. If it's not, then you need to simply let it go. (Spoiler alert, it's probably not.)
bonjourami
·9 months agoIm sorry to hear this, unfortunately, all you can do is wait for outcome. I do think Ebay will rule in the buyers favor like they always do. You cant believe anything a telephone csr will tell you. They are scripted and will agree with what you want to hear to get on to the next call to meet their daily quota. Sorry.