Should I have opened an INR instead of a cancellation?
Summary: herecometheplayas purchased stickers but faced issues with the seller, who did not respond or ship the item. They attempted to cancel the order, but eBay required waiting for a seller response, despite the listing's removal for policy violations. A participant suggested waiting and filing an Item Not Received (INR) request, while another reassured that returns are always possible, even if marked as "No Returns". herecometheplayas expressed frustration at the seller's disappearance and the inconvenience of the return process.
Purchased Coding stickers on Aug 11, contacted the seller on the 15th asking when it would be shipped. No reply. Finally on the 19th I requested a cancellation since it was an option and item still showed not shipped. eBay still expects me to wait 3 days for the seller to respond, when the seller now has 0 listings and the particular item I ordered has a banner that says it was removed due to a policy violation. For future reference, should I skip the cancel and just do the INR? I know sometimes things happen and I was trying to work with the seller, who seems to have disappeared now
tobaccocardyahoo
·2 weeks agoSellers are not required to honor a cancellation request, so making one is a waste of time and effort.
If the item has not be received within the estimated delivery time, open the INR case.
lady_madonna
·2 weeks agoIF/WHEN the latest estimated date of delivery has already passed by at least 1 day, you have up to 30 days past estimated date of delivery to file a Refund Request:
Go to your My Ebay page >> Purchase history
· Select “More actions” beside your item and then “I didn't receive it.”
· Click the box beside I want a refund.
· Select Send request.
If the seller does not respond to the refund request, after 3 business days you can ask Ebay to step in to help you.
· Find the item in your Purchase History
· Select See request details
· Select “Ask eBay to step in.”
janet9988
·2 weeks agoYes.
shire123
·2 weeks agoYou have to wait for 1 day past the last estimated delivery date before you can file an INR. What you did still sound reasonable though. Unfortunately, I would guess the seller is going to ignore your request.
herecometheplayas
OP2 weeks agoThe seller refused my cancel request and still hasn't responded to any of my communications, so I had customer service call me and even though the seller hasn't shipped the item, added tracking or responded to anything, the listing had a policy violation and I've already purchased it elsewhere, eBay's solution is to now open an INR when I no longer want the item. eBay says no worries, you will be protected. I don't want to be protected, I want a refund. The seller has a No Returns policy, so if they go ahead and ship it, I feel like eBay will close the case and I'll be stuck with it
moretreasures4you
·2 weeks agoYou won't be stuck with it, there is no such thing as NO RETURNS. People put that in to scare you, you can return anything you buy on eBay, Item Not As Described.
herecometheplayas
OP2 weeks agoI realize that, but what a pain. I think the seller has flown the coop