Buyer Support Help
Summary: kaelli23 experienced difficulties with a purchase from a seller who failed to deliver the item as promised, leading to frustration with the ongoing delay in resolution by a platform. kaelli23 has struggled to get a response from both the seller and the platform, with their refund case being repeatedly deferred. Suggestions from other participants included contacting their credit card company and considering the platform's item not received (INR) process. Some responses emphasized the importance of filing an INR case promptly after the expected delivery date.
Bought an item in July 20, 2026 for $1370.18 which included shipping. Seller gave me a shipping date, then when that date passed, seller sent an apology message that shipping date was changed. The item never shipped and now no response from seller. I asked Ebay to step in with refund. Ebay has placed by case "on hold" while they "review" and have been extending "review" dates with the latest date extended from August 31 to September 10. In the meantime I tried contacting seller again and still no response. I tried to cancel but it's too late to cancel item. I can't keep going at this pace. I tried calling Ebay following their online procedure but only to be told no on was available to talk to me and hung up. I'm in the mist of a new start up business with limited funds and this is creating a hardship and contributing to delay my opening. I need to get this refund back ASAP so I may find another item. I have no idea where to go from here and really don't want to take a chance of Ebay extending their "review" after Sept 10. It's very frustrating not getting a response from the seller but also feel like I'm getting run around from Ebay. Need help and suggestions.
soh.maryl
·1 month agoPer the Money Back Guarantee for buyers, the right way to handle this is: If you did not receive your package by its last estimated delivery date, you could have opened an item not received case the next day. That would have been absolutely ALL you needed to do. Don't understand how/why this became so complicated for you but hope it gets resolved soon. Not sure why you did not just open the INR case.
kensgiftshop
·1 month agoIf Ebay has the case on hold, not much you can do until they decide what they are going to do.
msha3839
·1 month agoCalling your credit card company as soon as possible would most likely be the only option..
gone.c-33
·1 month agoProcessing chargebacks can’t take weeks while OP can file their INR in a few days and most likely get their money back 4 days later.
I understand OP’s situation but I would still see how an INR would play out before going straight to the CC which would cancel the INR.
msha3839
·1 month agoOP made a mistake by not filing INR the day after last estimated delivery date…so called eBay extended review sounds like a delay in refund that not the best for OP…extension from 8/31 to 9/10 not encouraging at all…AI at best..not…
gone.c-33
·1 month agoSounds like one of those “high value claims specialist” messages. Not sure what the threshold is though…