What do you do when a seller won't ship the item well after prompt payment was made?
I currently won two items (about a week ago) and immediately paid for them, including the shipping costs. I had to open tickets with eBay about both. In one case, I sent a message to the seller about shipping info and he replied that he "couldn't sell the item for the price" that I paid. Remember, this is after almost a week. There was no reserve on the item and I won the auction fair and square and promptly paid. In the second instance, I had also reached out to the seller about shipping info a few times and didn't receive a response until today (one week after payment was made). He claimed he was going to remove the listing from eBay and close his account due to scammer buyers. We'll I didn't scam him. I immediately paid. **bleep**?
mudshark61369
Mentor8 months ago@vmates57 ,
Sounds to me like you have bought from two new sellers. New sellers often run into two problems.
1) they do not know about the 30 day hold placed on their payments by ebay. They do not ship or cancel because on their account the payment status shows Pending or Processing.
2) They take ebay's poor new seller advice to start auctions with a low starting price "to encourage bidding" which often does not work out well for them.
Did you check the seller feedback profiles before bidding on or buying their items? They may have (0) or a low feedback number, but could have a fair number of feedback, and a 100% rating, but all for buying not selling, at least in the last year.
vmates57
OP8 months agoYup. I think both were new sellers. Still, that's no excuse to try to undo a sale after the transaction has been made, at least in my opinion. As I stated, one guy said he really couldn't sell it for the price that I, in fact, already paid and the other complained about scam buyers...again, we'll after I paid. My indignant question to them of course is why did you even list the item on eBay if you couldn't hold up your end of the deal, for whatever reason? Listing an item implies that you want to sell it. Once it is sold, you should honor your side of the bargain. In a word, this is not cool.
eastlaneave
Mentor8 months agoWe agree with you.
If the seller came to this board and asked what to do, we would have advised him to ship.
It's a defect on his account to cancel the sale like he did.
eastlaneave
Mentor8 months ago@vmates57
I am sorry this happened.
eBay's Money Back Guarantee should apply: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/-/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210
Here is how to formally request a refund of your full payment:
1) Look at your purchase history here: https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/purchase
- View Order Details
- Check the Estimated Delivery Date for your purchase, and
- Check the tracking for your purchase
When it is past the estimated delivery date (and there is no tracking, or the tracking doesn’t show that is close to delivery):
2) Open an "Item Not Received Case". You can do that right here by clicking on the photo of your item and following the steps: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/-/reporting-item-didnt-receive?id=4042
(If it is not yet time for a case to be opened, it will give you the exact date after you click the photo.)
You will be able to select whether you want the Item or a Refund
-- You have 30 days from the estimated delivery date to open a case)
3) You can check the status of your case here:
https://www.ebay.com/help/ip?topicId=4667
The seller must respond within 3 business days to provide a delivery update, offer a replacement, or give you a refund.
vmates57
OP8 months agoThank you for your response. I haven't submitted a formal refund request yet because, quite honestly, I would just like to have the sellers hold up their end of the sales and ship the items out. However, I know this is outside of eBay's control and requesting a refund is probably my only recourse. It isn't eBay's fault in any way. I'm just aggravated that both of these sellers want to back out of the deal well after payment was tindered. I suspect one probably had a friend or something offer them more for the item than what they got through the auction, and the other found that the shipping cost was going to be significantly more than what they listed in the auction. But this is pure speculation on my part and not really useful in this matter. I honer what I say I will do or commit to. Ive done a lot of buying over eBay and rarely had any issues; certainly never had people wanting to undo a completed transaction after a week of having my money. Oh well, I guess I'll just submit refund requests.