Seller refuses to sell at bid price
I bid on an item and was the highest bidder. Seller has messaged me that he posted the opening bid incorrectly and that the item will cost $12 more, or I can cancel the order. I feel this is like a bait and switch technique. What are my options?
2 comments
inceptions
Mentor2 years agoHi @don_lein
Do NOT ask to cancel the order. The seller is attempting to wiggle out of earning a defect for not completing the sale.
I would reply that per eBay policy, the seller (who was responsible for making sure his listing was correct) must complete the sale with his winning bidder and that you look forward to receiving your item by the estimated delivery date.
At that point the seller can either ship or cancel using the reason that he is out of stock (which will earn him a defect). If he does neither, when it's past the estimated delivery date shown in your Purchase History, you have up to 30 days to use the option next to the transaction to open a case for an item not received. The seller will have 3 business days to prove delivery or refund. If he doesn't, go back to the case on day 4 and use the option to ask eBay to step in. They will force the refund.
Wait until this all plays out. Depending on what happens, it may be advisable to report the seller, but you want the full story before you do.
Hopefully the seller will do the right thing and ship.
fab_finds4u
·2 years agoIf you ask to cancel then the seller is off the hook.
Pay and wait for your item which will force them to cancel and refund or ship. They will get a defect if they do not ship and cancel instead.