I need help from Ebay for a problem that was miscommunicated by Ebay Representative
â— On March 3rd I purchased 2 items from an Ebay seller
â— On March 5th, I realized that I needed the items sooner than the March 13th delivery date, so I contacted the seller (through my Ebay account and cancelled the order. NOTE: This order had not been shipped at the time of cancellation.
â— On March 5th, The seller did not respond to my request until approximately midnight on March 5 saying they would not allow me to cancel the order. NOTE: THIS ORDER HAD NOT SHIPPED.
â— On March 5th, I contacted Ebay Customer Service by chat and spoke with M*** A**. I was informed by this representative (in chat transcripts) that I'm covered by Ebay's 100% Guarantee.
â— On March 6th, I received a notice from the seller that this order was shipped (on the 6th) even though I had canceled the order on March 5th.
â— On March 6th, I contacted Ebay Customer Service by chat and spoke with J***. I was informed by this representative (in chat transcripts) that I'm covered by Ebay's 100% Guarantee.
â— On March 7th, I spoke to an Ebay representative by phone named E***** who instructed me to accept the order and then contact Ebay again after it was received. NOTE: This Ebay representative also told me that they were marking the order as not received, this was the Ebay representative's decision, not mine. I questioned this action and was told it would be okay.
â— On March 8th, the order was delivered by UPS.
â— On March 8th, I contacted Ebay as requested. I spoke to B****** who instructed me to wait until Friday, March 10th, and to contact Ebay again if I didn't get a response from the seller. The Ebay representative told me that they would contact the seller for labels to return the items.
â— On March 8th, I received an email from Ebay Customer Service Representative, D*****J*** in response to my concerns about conflicting messages from Ebay regarding this case escalation. NOTE: I am writing this email using the email from D***** J***.
â— On March 10th, I contacted Ebay as requested as instructed, due to no response from the seller. I was Instructed by Ebay to wait until March 16th and make contact again.
â— On March 16th, I received 2 emails from the seller accepting the return of the 2 items.
â— On March 16th, I received 2 emails from the seller saying that my return labels were attached, however, the labels were not attached. The labels not received were also confirmed by 2 Ebay representatives.
â— On March 16th, I contacted Ebay as instructed and was told to wait for a response from the seller until March 24th, then contact Ebay again.
â— On March 24th, I contacted Ebay as requested and spoke to D***. I was told that the situation was under control and that my purchase and refund was covered under Ebay's 100% Guarantee. I was instructed to wait until March 29, and if the seller didn't respond by then, Ebay would issue my refund and I would not have to ship the items back.
â— On March 25th, I received an email from Ebay stating that I would not receive a refund for one of my ordered items because I had received the item. NOTE: This goes back to March 7th, when the Ebay representative (E*****) opened a case marking my order as not received. NOTE: There are 2 items in the same order, how can only one item be affected??
â— On March 25th, I contacted Ebay by phone and spoke to R****. I was told that I would need to appeal to Ebay regarding this situation. I believe the representative understood the problem that had occurred and offered to make the appeal to Ebay for me. I was instructed to wait again.
I would greatly appreciate any help from Ebay to resolve this problem and receive a refund. This situation has been going on for almost a month now.
kensgiftshop
·3 years agoA buyer can't cancel an order, they can only ask the seller to cancel it, but they are not required to cancel.
Since they didn't cancel and shipped the items and they don't accept returns, not much you can do.
The MBG doesn't cover remorse returns like needing it sooner then the estimated delivery date.
Since it would be a remorse return, you would have to pay return shipping.