Buyer not wanting me to ship problem
I had someone purchase from me back in October. They requested that I NOT shipped the books yet, as they wanted to see the rest of my books and potentially add more purchases to the shipment. We were corresponding fine for about a month and they kept telling me to wait. It's now January and they haven't replied to me for well over a month and a half. How should I handle this? Just ship the books, or possibly refund them and cancel the order? This is a first for me, and I dont want to risk my 100% feedback rating on this customer if they get mad if I ship the books. Anyone else ever had this happen?
3 comments
wooden_flower
Mentor9 months ago@dozerscomicsandcards
If the purchase was made in Oct, you don’t have much time to decide - you can only refund for 90 days after the sale. I assume you can only print a shipping label for 90 days also. It is going to be too late for him to combine purchases, so I would ship. If the package is returned for some reason, refund the item price only.
dozerscomicsandcards
OP8 months agoThe one difference in my scenario i should've mentioned is right after I printed the shipping label that's when the buyer messaged me about adding more books so I held off on shipping since I thought I would be adding more books and just combing the 1st purchase with the next one. So the label has been made since the time of the sale. Unfortunately they never added any more books and fell off on the communication. I could take these books to the post office and ship them any time, but I was just doing my best to honor their request of not shipping them yet since they were pretty adamant about me holding off. It's awkward I know. It would solve everything if they would just reply to me. In a way I'm worried about them and hope nothing bad happened. I've already been long paid out on this. Would your best advice be for me to just go ahead and ship them? I really dont want to do anything that could potentially jeopardize my 100% feedback. I appreciate your help and feedback! Thank you!
wooden_flower
Mentor8 months ago@dozerscomicsandcards
I would ship, although I don’t know if your PO will take a label from Oct. It is too late to get a refund for that label.
It is also too late for the buyer to leave feedback - the limit there is 60 days after the sale.