cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're invited! New eBay payment handling

Per eBay message:

• What are the key benefits?

One place to sell and get paid: manage all your selling and payments needs from within your eBay account.

- Simpler bills: all your fees in one place on your eBay bill.

- Consolidated pricing: all your fees in one place on one bill, plus special pricing for early opt-in*.

Daily payouts: direct to your bank account. No need to transfer funds between accounts.

- New ways for buyers to pay: such as mobile payments with Apple Pay.

- Better protection: claim and chargeback seller protections provided by eBay, with one place to manage disputes.

- More control: accept your exclusive invitation now to get a head start on adapting your business to selling and getting paid on eBay.

I would like to have seen something about fees but I guess that will have to wait.

Overall, what I see so far looks good.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 1 of 325
latest reply
324 REPLIES 324

Better protection: claim and chargeback seller protections provided by eBay, with one place to manage disputes.

I talked about this when they 1st announced this endeavor.  Cutting paypal out of the chargback loop after eBay decides a case in seller's favor should be a plus overall.  Brings it down to eBay and CC companies to get through 

Message 2 of 325
latest reply

"SPECIAL PRICING on EARLY OPT IN"?? Another FEE COMING?

Message 3 of 325
latest reply

No.  Just replacing PayPal fees with (for most sellers, eBay says) lower fees.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 4 of 325
latest reply

I only see one problem: NOBODY trusts ebay. I'm glad they are trying to get some guinea pigs on board early so the rest of us can see how much the community forums blow up with problems. Not trying to be a naysayer, I truly want to see (but not with my money) how it works out.

Message 5 of 325
latest reply

Actually this is early.  Invitations were said to be going out in September.

Message 6 of 325
latest reply

I wonder how many sellers are willing to be the guinea pigs for this?

i wouldn’t touch this with a 1000 foot pole. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 325
latest reply

I got this also - they expect us to opt in without telling us what the fees will be, what the "special pricing" will be.  And right now, you can get your buyer's email through paypal, but I'm betting you won't be able to do so after  the change. 

Also, I use a third party vendor for listing, and they are telling me I will have to use the seller hub.  I don't even know how to do that. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 8 of 325
latest reply

This should be really interesting.  ebay handling/orchestrating the free returns and the money-back guarantee, and being the seller of record to handle the cc chargebacks. 

Direct to your bank account?  No need to transfer funds between accounts?  Smiley Sad

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 325
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

I got this also - they expect us to opt in without telling us what the fees will be, what the "special pricing" will be.  And right now, you can get your buyer's email through paypal, but I'm betting you won't be able to do so after  the change. 

Also, I use a third party vendor for listing, and they are telling me I will have to use the seller hub.  I don't even know how to do that. 

Whoa what? They are going to force everyone into the seller hub? Just for this “early bird special” or everyone in time? 

i have no interest in joining and will resist as long as possible. I have had to deal with too many glitches to just go ahead and put my income on the line.  

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 10 of 325
latest reply

Seller protection what is that?

Message 11 of 325
latest reply

For those sceaming and throwing a fit, you will have to join anyway regardless of the price or the deal later in the year. This is just for early birds who may want to get ahead of the game.

Message 12 of 325
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

Looks like they're cutting out all 3rd party listers?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 13 of 325
latest reply

What about fake unauthorized chargebacks? Who will handle those - sellers themselves?? So now they will have to struggle with eBay, Aiden AND with the scammer's credit card company? Nice... :-(((

Message 14 of 325
latest reply

Same here 

Message 15 of 325
latest reply