cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 260
latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: ebay unfair to sellers

Ebay is extremely unfair to the sellers. The keep removing my listing at the vendors request becuase I am seller at a cheaper price then what the vendor wants me to sell at **bleep** !!! 

Message 166 of 260
latest reply

Right there with you. The system kinda traps you into giving good ratings to your buyers even if they were terrible buyers because of the fear of having them retaliate with a bad rating to you. Grrrr, guess I won't be using Ebay anymore....
Message 167 of 260
latest reply

Oh yea i know it. Whats bad is putting an auction up for 5 days and the high bidder is the same one that just 2 weeks ago it took them 6 days to pay!. And you had to leave them a Pos. Like your saying..

..My other favorite one from a buyer is they buy it now and then ask you " What kind of deal can you give me on that auction?? Oh yea. You have to make sure you click on Immediate payment required"?. Found that out the hard way. I thought buy it now was it?

Message 168 of 260
latest reply

Does anyone have problems with the holds placed on funds from the proceeds of sales? I recently sold an item for approximately $300. I don't have a huge number of sales but the ones I do have have all been positive. I've even shipped outside of the US. This most recent sale was shipped with priority mail, a tracking number provided, the package delivered and the buyer has already left positive feedback; all within 3 days. I'm expected to sit back and be grateful my funds should be available to me within 21 days.

This is the only selling outlet where a seller has to wait this long to get paid! I feel like a big corporation offering credit terms! eBay has been paid out of my funds for shipping, Paypal has taken their 2.9%, eBay will probably get their 10% before my funds are released and eBay has probably earned some interest on the 'float" on my money. I understand high volume sellers don't typically have these holds but should really, should occasional sellers be penalized in this manner? I can see maybe holding until the item is received by the buyer but no longer than that. This to me is just another added cost of doing business on ebay. In addition to 12.9% in fees I theoretically have the lost opportunity cost of 18 days by having my funds tied up.  It may be my imagination but it seems there are far fewer occasional sellers like me listing on Ebay in recent years; possibly for these reasons. As a seller, Craigslist might just be the more profitable route...

Message 169 of 260
latest reply

When i was new that is what they do. If you are new?. I think its 60 days but don't quote me on that.. But they will release you funds a little at a time until they have decided that you are honest in your selling?.  Then once off the probation period? You can pull your funds whenever.. I dont understand it either. The buyer left you a positive and the tracking reads " delivered" . but i beleive that is paypal rules. Not ebay. Or at least thats what ebay will say i'm sure.

Message 170 of 260
latest reply

Agree. i bought three vintage Coach bags from reliable sellers and ebay contacts me and says they are fake and suspends my account for seven days. How were they able to sell the 'fake' purses and I am the one who gets zonked. Where are the alternative to online selling?

Message 171 of 260
latest reply

I am seriously considering the route you have taken. I just don't get how it falls on my shoulders when I have carefully packed and shipped to a customer but! USPS damaged the item! Come on eBay let's get it together!!!
Message 172 of 260
latest reply

I am doing just that today once all my pending payments r rightfully released 2 me I'm done 

Message 173 of 260
latest reply

I totally agree. What can I do to trash eBay and PayPal? Is there a class action lawsuit yet? I'm sure there will be, but what can I do? 

Message 174 of 260
latest reply

the worst is when the customers push all the blame to seller and END THE SELLER WITH A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK THAT CANNOT BE REMOVED when customer is at 101% fault. Ebay cannot even do anything to remove the feedback. 

Message 175 of 260
latest reply

My fund returned to buyer by ebay,as supplier I lost 2990usd,buyer only told he received only a machine case,but Dhl he have signed,so I want to complain ebay unfair deal.
Message 176 of 260
latest reply

I lost 2990usd in eBay,too
Message 177 of 260
latest reply

High End Sellers BEWARE!!!! If you sell items for $5000, $6000, $10,000, you can easily be scammed out of your item and you money, Ebay will help the buyer do it. I bet most of you don't realize that a buyer has 30 days to use your item, change their mind, for any reason, and the you, the seller is responsible for return shipping. It just happened to me, I sold a new portable water well drilling rig, we manufacture, for $5400.00, sixteen days later, the guy put in for a return, claiming that it was damaged when he picked it up, even though he accepted it and used it for 16 days. Long story short, he heavily abused and misused the rig attempting to drill through rock, he drilled three partial wells, destroyed our equipment, and lost parts in the holes. Now, he wants to return it and wants us to pay return shipping, we declined, thought we were protected by the 14 day return policy, that Ebay display's at the top of all our listings, which reads: "RETURNS: 14 Day Returns, Buyer Pays For Return Shipping."

Even though the buyer admitted in his emails, in the dispute, that he used the rig, broke and lost parts, Ebay refunded every dime of his money, AND NOW, we are left to try to get what's left of our equipment back with absolutely NO HELP FROM Ebay. As you would expect, now the buyer is not answering phone, won't return our calls or emails. Call Ebay and get another idiot on the phone. PayPal just refunded another customer half of his purchase price, $2275.00,  for almost exactly the same thing, only he had his equipment for four months . Their reasoning, they didn't receive my fourth response within their time limit. All this within one week.  I'm a Top Rated Seller, 100% Positive Feedback, I've been a member for 12 years, I'm quitting. The only way that this outrageous **bleep** with Ebay will ever change, is when finally enough sellers get together and do something about it. 

Message 178 of 260
latest reply

Now that is **bleep**.  I also sell. And i have seen items for 1000's of dollars and i would hate to sell something that expensive because of this you speak of. I once heard here on ebay.. If you cant afford to lose it don't sell it on here.?. Those words i kept.. I dont blame you for bailing. I would too.

Message 179 of 260
latest reply

I just want to say for once Ebay was fair to me as a seller but the buyer still won.  Make sure you list sleeve length measurements...that's all I'm saying.  

Message 180 of 260
latest reply