cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why on earth is eBay still allowing russia to buy and sell on eBay?

With Sanctions on Russia over the Ukraine Invasion, those accounts seriously need to be suspended. Come on man!

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why on earth is eBay still allowing russia to buy and sell on eBay?

Thank you Staff. 

Due to the troubling events in Ukraine, most major US carriers have suspended delivery services to Ukraine and expect increased shipping times to Russia. As a result, we are taking the following actions:

• eBay has suspended Global Shipping Program service into Ukraine and Russia
  • eBay has suspended eBay international standard delivery service into Ukraine.
  • eBay has extended delivery times for eBay international standard delivery service to Russia for purchases made on or after February 21.

There are currently limited shipping options for sellers to fulfill sales to Ukraine and Russia, and buyers in Ukraine and Russia may be unable to purchase items on eBay until stable shipping services resume. 

As a seller, if you currently have items in transit to Ukraine or Russia, note that these packages may not reach the buyer and may be scheduled for a return to you. Please regularly check your tracking on these orders for the most up to date information. If your business is impacted, eBay will automatically protect your seller performance, including:

• Your late shipment rate
  • Your valid tracking upload rate
  • “Item not received” cases due to late delivery
  • Defects resulting from transactions you canceled
  • Negative or neutral feedback from these transactions 

These seller protections will apply retroactively to all shipments to Ukraine and Russia beginning February 21.

eBay will continue working closely with shipping carriers and government partners to protect buyers and sellers around the world and ensure continued compliance with all applicable sanctions and regulations. 

Our thoughts are with those impacted by the situation in Ukraine.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 24 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

There are some rules that your not supposed to engage in diplomacy yourself.  Not sure it would be enforced but it is there.

Message 2 of 83
latest reply

All these political posts  seriously need  be suspended from EBay. Come on man!
Can we just sell our stuff without political **bleep**?!
Go to political forums!

Message 3 of 83
latest reply

God I hope not; a big portion of my buyers are Russians, especially auctions --they bid HIGH, win, and just as importantly, NEVER give me any kind of trouble.  Like I can't even recall one writing to ask questions about an item, never mind nagging about ship time, complaining about what the received, etc.  They very often buy multiple items and just pay the whole cumulative shipping cost without asking to have it combined (which I go ahead and do for them).  That said, they also rarely leave feedback, but that's pretty much the least important thing to me.  

Message 4 of 83
latest reply

Capital is said by this reviewer to fly turbulence and strife, and to be timid, which is very true; but this is very incompletely stating the question. Capital eschews no profit, or very small profit, just as Nature was formerly said to abhor a vacuum. With adequate profit, capital is very bold. A certain 10 per cent. will ensure its employment anywhere; 20 per cent. certain will produce eagerness; 50 per cent., positive audacity; 100 per cent. will make it ready to trample on all human laws; 300 per cent., and there is not a crime at which it will scruple, nor a risk it will not run, even to the chance of its owner being hanged. If turbulence and strife will bring a profit, it will freely encourage both. Smuggling and the slave-trade have amply proved all that is here stated…Thomas Joseph Dunning.

Message 5 of 83
latest reply

Yeah not allowing Russian citizens (some who protest the war) buy and sell on ebay, that should put some pressure on Vladimir Putin.

Personally I refuse to sell anything to Vladimir Putin. Should he buy any of my items, i'm going to cancel the transaction (out of stock) and take the hit from ebay.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 83
latest reply

Why on earth is eBay Khoros still allowing russia Poltical posts to buy and sell on eBay be allowed on these boards?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 83
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

Why on earth is eBay Khoros still allowing russia Poltical posts to buy and sell on eBay be allowed on these boards?

Yes, I could see how some people could find it quite disruptive.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 83
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

The Russian people are not supporting this action.  They are in the streets protesting.  Selling to them online is not high treason.  With all the disruption, online is likely all they have right now for some things.  Guess it would depend on what is being sold.

My rocket launcher is local pickup only.  All good.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 83
latest reply

Ebay will follow the guidance of the US State Department when handling commerce matters.

Message 10 of 83
latest reply

@txtradenet 

Read your announcements

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Important-updates-to-shipping-to-Ukraine-and-Russia/ba-p...

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 11 of 83
latest reply

Personally, know a person that was a long time employees for a long time  manufacturing company that shipped equipment  service parts to Iran via a 3rd party and got into big time  legal trouble with US Feds  - this was back in the early 2000s.  Lost his job and  ponied up a ton of legal  fees all in the name of a few extra bucks.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 12 of 83
latest reply

Russian people are good people, I've been to Russia and met them myself.

Message 13 of 83
latest reply

Why on earth is eBay still allowing russia to buy and sell on eBay?

@txtradenet 

eBay appears to be suspending those on the 'other 'side? 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Unfortunately-we-can-t-provide-our-services-to-customers-locat...

Message 14 of 83
latest reply

@rabites-n-chocobos wrote:

Russian people are good people, I've been to Russia and met them myself.

Like any other people, there are good and bad among them I am sure.  Alas!  There is at least one among them that has, by his actions as head of the government there, that doesn't appear to be one of the good ones.  Unfortunately, his actions have harmed his fellow Russians in the eyes of the world.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 83
latest reply