cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best deal you ever found on ebay?

Hello fellow ebayers!

Being on ebay for 20+ years has shown me alot of excellent bargains. Probably the best deal I ever purchased was a brand new lionel electric track switcher set for half the price on amazon. I'd love to hear some of the best bargains you sellers have found on ebay.

Take care, and happy shopping!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: What is the best deal you ever found on ebay?

Nearly every EBay purchase I make is a "bargain". It's what I use to source inventory for my Ebay resale store.

I've made some nice finds in some of the lots I have bought. Nothing crazy, but always some nice coins and nice flips/profits. Best part, don't have to leave my house and go searching estate sales... although I may have to start if I want to increase inventory flow.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay has been Heron's place to buy most of his hobby items.  Heron has been buying from eBay sellers since April 1998.  The very best bargain was about 2009.  It was a 1 Kreuzer issued by Reichenau Switzerland and dated 1724.   This item is somewhat rare with a rarity index of 95.  It was a true 'bargain'.  (Note: this item is NOT for sale nor will it be offered for sale).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks!  Yes, good bargains do create happy buyers!  We never know when we will find a nice bargain on eBay.  Makes life interesting.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I am sorry. Your reply sounds less than truthful. I do not believe you.  Plus from my 25years experience bidding + selling + observing on eBay, sellers who run auctions + have their items sell dirt cheap, underpriced ALWAYS revoke/cancel the sale, decline sending, or weasel out of completing the transaction.  eBay does nothing to punish the offender. This has been my experience on winning auctions "far below" actual worth or retail price.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

But it certainly wasn't that way in 1998!  That was the heyday and it didn't end until about 2007.  My buddy once pulled a roll of posters out of the dumpster at the thrift store, posters were hard to display and the thrift store just didn't want to deal with them.  He even went inside and tried to pay and they just yelled at him.  About a month later we had sold most of the stack for $84,000.  There were multiple Pan-Am clipper ship posters, European travel posters, Caribbean etc...  we started every single one of them at $9.99  😎  Just because it is that way today, doesn't mean it was always so.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply