cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a little advice

gems2rings
Enthusiast
I need a little advice as to the best way to sell some coins. I know almost nothing about coins but due to our financial situation I need to sell whatever I can as quickly as I can. What I've learned so far is there is ALOT of information to ingest. I have a few Morgan and Peace dollars, Franklin halves and Walking Liberty halves. There are no key dates according to my research but most of them have a beautiful silver sheen and are still very detailed. Several of them are kind of like cameos. I have no idea if they have ever been cleaned but I can't imagine that an 1878 coin could still look so beautiful without having been cleaned. Anyway, to save on ebay fees I wanted to make them into lots. My question is should I put them in lots of same denominations or mix the dollars and halves. Any advice anyone could give me would be GREATLY appreciated and, of course, if I'm going about this all wrong, my feelings won't be hurt by being told so. I thank you in advance for any and everything!
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Need a little advice

jody526
Thrill-Seeker
Good pictures, and customer-friendly TOS will go a long way towards realizing the true value of your coins. Most collectors can look at a good picture and tell about how much it will be worth. It's not always neccessary for the seller to be knowledgable. Then, there's always the newbie factor. Some folks will pay any amount for something they take a fancy to. Small lots of 3-5 coins, of the same denomination, work well for many dealers, as long as you're sure that no single coin is much more valuable than the others.

"Aren't you suppossed to be out driving a truck or something jody?"

amrad78

Message 2 of 2
latest reply